Sunday, December 23, 2012

Watching Carmen: The First Look


** This story was originally as short story, this part and one more but as I wrote that other part, there was a third part and then another and now, it´s gotten a few other characters and it´s gotten longer, so I don't know how long it will be, I´m still hopping it´s a short story, perhaps as long as Hell Circles. Also, this post was planned for Christmas eve, it felt good to publish it then but I don´t know if things will get busy tomorrow so, I´m posting it tonight and, oh, miracle! I read it over before actually posting, I hope I hadn´t overlooked any mistake, I´m already feeling nervous for what  I might overlooked.

This part is just a small introduction-type thing. The tittle of this story might change, for now, it´s kind of a spoiler since that phrase appears in the following parts of the story, but I´m not sure I´m completely happy with it so maybe I´ll change it, maybe not.

I wanted to make another story like this but a song inspired me to do it and as I wrote it I played it and it was such a beautiful thing to let the music go in my ears and feel ideas comming out being typed or written. I played some other songs by the same artist and wow! it´s like he´s the one that inspires me for this. The singer is Alejandro Sanz, most of what he sings is in Spanish. The song that inspired me for this is named: No me compares (don´t compare me) I'll eventually include it in the story as well as some other of his songs because there are a few that fit this story.

This A/N is horribly long, let´s call it a preface hahahahaha ok, stop talking Meztli, let´s do the reading part already. Ok, here it goes... oh, one more thing, I´ve always wanted to do a song-inspired haha inspiration finally got to me...

***

We are always watching. I was always watching, that was what I did, watch, everything, every move, every cry, every heartbeat, every breathing, everything, for such a long time that there´s not even a word that grasp the quantity of it as well as the sense of everywhere.

I was watching down the earth on a cold, windy, purple morning when I decided to play with the wind, when you´re as everlasting as I am, you are not old, you are not a child, you just flow. I was flowing, caressing the grass filled with wild flowers, whistling alongside the trees, going up between the cotton-like clouds and as far as the hot beach, I threw myself in the ocean and I was water then, I went with the waves catching millions of golden sand grains, laughing with the tingling sensation of the sea foam chasing seagulls.

I was blue water and the sun made me rainbows for the fish and sea monsters that swim in the immense ocean. I climbed to the peak of a wave and crashed against the golden hot sand and I decided to be sand, wet darker than the rest, snails and small crabs buried deep in me finding shelter from the seagulls that left soft shallow prints on my back. I swam the wet sand to the dry, hot and soft one, where the salt particles gleam like tiny humble diamonds and then I played both, being the limit between the hot sand and the wet dark one, I had interesting patterns in my face where the waves entered.

I had played for a very, very, long time, the only thing that allowed me to know this was the place where the big star called sun was in the sky. By now it was closer to the west point of the earth.

At my feet I felt a feathery touch and watched, instead of playing around like I had been doing. I saw a pair of feet that dug their shapes in me; I looked up a tower of sun kissed skin with soft curves and peaceful pace crowned with a long black mane that at times covered its owner´s eyes. The eyes were of a deep rich chocolate color that I knew belonged to a dreamer because they were set in the horizon, beyond the blue sea.

I went to the footprints and ravished in the shape and pressure, I danced along, being sand. Not caring her clothes, the woman, that I could tell had just a couple of years since she gained that tittle, walked to the water, her white capris getting wet, I crept under the waves and became water, I hugged her hot skin, I caressed her strong delicate legs and then up, up, everywhere when she immersed herself in the water. I surrounded her. I was water, I was eyes that watched the sun taking a bath, she stood up and I was breathed by her because now I was air, I went in her nose, down her throat and to every last bit of her body, one, two, three times, coming in and out of her as she had her head threw back as if inviting the sun to kiss her pink lips and as I saw this I was light, hot sun light that lit her up, kissing her face, neck and bare shoulders, I went in every pore, between her eyelashes and in her navel, exposed by her white shirt. She smiled at the sky with her eyes closed and then she ran again in the water and threw herself, her back first, in the way of a small wave, and I was water, when she got out, I was air going in and out of her and when she smiled for her little silly adventure I was light that kissed her golden skin.

~Vengo del aire que te secaba a ti la piel, mi amor~
~~I come from the air that dried your skin, my love~~


I followed her out the water as sea foam, caressing her ankles, she stood, in the sunset and when I was air and caressed her wet skin she shivered and I hugged her again and she hugged herself with her arms around her middle. Suddenly, a voice was heard and she turned her face towards the voice. I turned air to carry her name to her ears

"Carmen" I whispered into her ears. "Carmen, where are you?"

"I'm here" she waved her hand towards the shape cut in the tiny lights of the distant cabins. The man ran towards her as he took off his jacket and when he was next to her he put it over her shoulders and she leaned into his embrace, they walked away. Carmen had a smile on her face, a bright peaceful smile.

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit speechless(but not really because I have tons of things that I love) Lol

    First of all that definition of the speaker being the sand with the crabs and snails leaving prints on the speakers back! *dies* that was so incredible! I felt like I could see an angel or a ghost taking the shape of the world and embracing it. I don't know if you've ever seen this art piece of a person hugging the earth from space as the earth rests in the beings lap. This made me feel like this person was the earth... if that makes sense.

    Carmen sounds so beautiful. And she seems so free and really loves to dream and experience the smaller, unnoticed wonders of the world. I can't wait to learn of her personality! She's so pretty already

    The whispering of her name and carrying it to her is just the sweetest sentiment I have heard in a while. It was like the speaker wasn't just learning her name but knew for ages!

    Oh and your introduction was great. So funny because I could tell you may have been nervous and excited and that might have been why you were talking so much and delaying the story. ;)
    Can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete