Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bird and landscape

This a small "morro" which is the fruit of the tree with the same name, once they are ripped they become hard and then used as "huacales" containers to grab liquids. Btw, that´s my hand haha so yeah, this morro was quite small but there are some quite big as well

That´s the painting I made today, the bird is a Torogoz which is our national bird and supposedly it´s standing on a Maquilishuat branch -wich is a native tree- it has beautiful pink flowers but there are yellow as well. I really need to improve my painting skills and also find better places to take pictures since that background there is part of my desk n the mess I have there-but never mind that. Ah, btw, this painting is made on a cuchara de morro (a morro spoon) before, there were no metal spoons so they used this type of spoons, that one is a big one but there are smaller ones as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's beautiful. I thought it was a gift it looks so real. professional I mean. And that comes from a tree!?!? O.O Nice shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you! yup, it comes from a tree there use to be those trees everywhere before but now they´re kind of hard to see unless you go to the country side =/

    ReplyDelete