Sunday, December 11, 2011

questioning




I wonder what I expect to find?
My heart is  hopelessly waiting for something that I cant put a name to
I pause and listen and wait
Nothing happens...
and when nothing happens I go sad, as if some promise had been broken.

Why do I keep doing this?
waiting and waiting and hoping when the outcome is as clear as the summer sky
everything will be still just like it is
the time will go on and things will follow their path
Nothing happens...
and when nothing happens I feel the emptiness inside getting deeper and wider.

2 comments:

  1. I feel this. The waiting but not knowing for what I wait. The disappointment of nothing. The feeling of there being a hole in my center that can't be filled in. It's hard. But this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it´s distressing isnt it? -thx! I very aware of that empitness when I wrote it

    ReplyDelete