Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Behind the Mask



Did I go back to pretending?
Innocence and pureness brought me a small smile
I´m still crumbling inside
boiling questions burn my mind
never ending pain pierce my days and nights
Futile threats of going away
hang from invisible wires everywhere
restless, tired, crushed... I wonder when will it end?
shades invade my universe, since when light went away?
I´m living a never ending dark night
and I can´t sleep, I can´t rest,
the night´s gotten longer and longer skipping the light of day
to make a huge fabric of death
in which I don´t die, just dream of it again and again
the sun isn´t rising, the hailstorm is not ending
the flowers are dying, and everything´s drained of life
even me, behind a mask of a smile
where am I?

1 comment:

  1. this is so sad but so realistic
    it's like going down a spiral staircase... without steps so you're just going down down down
    it's a shame that the darkness is so overwhelming that even light only shines a spotlight on one spot while the darkness still circles and waits for the light to fade... sigh.
    all this can go on in the body of one person makes my heart heavy but I can clearly relate cause I live it everyday

    ReplyDelete