Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Host

I fight you
I fight you every single day
but here you are my perennial companion...
my invisible companion
I won´t let you distort my face
I won´t let you corrupt me
though I know you´ve eaten most of my soul
most of my will, most of my drive....
I ignore you
I hate you
I try to dress you up
I jump in to you and swim inside you
and dye you of thousand gray shades
I try to bleach you
you keep being there
you´re on a mission to brake me
to leave me all alone
in between walls
I shout silently
there you are
I fight you and fall down defeated
I got up and walk by the second
you don´t go
I hate you
I hate me for you found a comfortable home in me
When the host withers away...

2 comments:

  1. This is kinda powerful. Whoa...
    The caught between walls part was like so visual.
    The "host" is a good title too because it could be the abuser or the person expressing all this.
    This could be about loneliness, sadness, anger or even doubt. Those nagging feelings that just won't leave a person alone.
    The good thing is "the host" is a fighter and is willing to keep living throughout the pain and frustration. That's a sad plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know this was about Nic?! It just screams out with her personality, pain and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete