Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I´m scared

I´m scared and the tears have made a pool of my eyes and I can´t cry, I have to go to work tomorrow, I can´t afford having ugly eyes for everyone to stared at me more than what they already do without it. I see myself in the mirror and there´s a tear that went out of my eyes and down my cheek, I don´t want to cry and my brains reminds me that tears are a way to realise some chemicals that are in our brains that makes us sad or so said some scientist according to the book I´m reading, "The Cry; a philosophical, antropological, biological and historical study" I just asked my boss to lend it to me to see if I could do something about crying....or not crying... I also remember that people with severe depression is unable to cry, so me crying can´t be completely bad from that point of view... but in any way I see it, it still doesn´t feel good. Tears have been overproduced by my eyes because I¨m scared -and because I´m a human, humans are the only animals that can produce tears because of feelings as a psichological manifestation and not just a biological one- and I´m scared because I have my dreaded doctor´s appointment this Thursday. It´s not much of an appointment, well it is, but just to get tested... my doctor sent me to the Oncology hospital.... I´m just getting a test, if I was sent there it must mean she suspected I might have....but this is just a test and it doesn´t mean it´s true or that it´ll be possitive but I don´t know if I´m more afraid of it being possitive or of it being negative because that will mean they still don´t know what´s wrong with me after so many months, after so much pain and I just can´t pray... and I just can´t tell this all, who would I tell? my family? they´ll be crushed if they knew how I really felt and I can´t pray because I don´t know what to say, I´ve asked for the pain to go away, it´s still there, for the pills to work, the pain´s still there, for the doctors to find out what it is...so far they've say I´ll b like this forever because this might be something I was born with  and the pain will be there and they can´t tell when it´ll end. I don´t want to pray for the test to be negative because that´ll mean I don´t know what it is or more accurate, it´ll mean that maybe the other doctor was right and I´ll feel like this untill the day I die but I can´t stop being afraid of it being possitive not because I might die, I really don´t mind that at all but because I know my loved ones won´t let me go easily.
I can´t keep going like this, I´m cranky and sad and mad and scared all the time and I can´t help but to notice how everybody stares at me when I walk into places, who wouldn´t look at a person with crutches and no cast? and even worst as young as I look? and at work people steal glance I know they must be wondering how it´s been so long and even some comment about it, it hurts me so much, I´ve lived every second of it.

my happy pills are gone, the ones that are supposed to make me feel better in the head... they must´ve helped, I look pretty normal, I do everything I´m supposed to do...I even smile and laugh for real at times... I see the baby and feel a great love inside but then it´s just me and the pain and the fear and the hopelesness. I was taught to believe that God is always by my side no matter the circumstance and I believe but it´s so very hard to believe when I feel abandonned or maybe even forgotten and I remember how it´s said that when you feel most alone... well, it´s not like that, God is there but how to feel ok and comforted by that when I feel this way? and I´ve felt that He isn´t anwering my prayers before, when our family was destroyed but back then I had my mother and my brother, we could lean on the other because each one of us understood, I´m in this alone and ofc I don´t want them to feel this way, I rather have than to see someone of the ones I love with it, but it leaves me ....

I told my boss I was going to b late on Thursday because of that appointment, the way she saw me....I could have started to cry right there just for that...

I´m scared and it´s a stupid feeling, we only developed it through evolution as a way to survive, this fear won´t help me to survive but it plots together with the pain to hinder my life. I´m not sure what I´m most afraid of... the test being possitive or negative.

1 comment:

  1. be brave my friend. You will be alright. I will do whatever is necessary to comfort you though I won't condescend you, I know that the only way the nerves will go away is to actually go to the appt. sigh
    I will say that you shouldn't dwell on it too much. That will make it a million times worse :(
    Try to think of other things. I know that will be extremely difficult because the negative thoughts are strangely comforting but please don't count out your will and how you've gotten through so many appts before this one. You are tough as nails and will continue to be just that.
    but go on and feel the fear its natural and its part of you
    arugh sorry I'm babbling I just want you to be okay and know that im here if you need to talk about stupid stuff or serious stuff. sigh
    okay I'm done sorry again

    ReplyDelete