Saturday, November 10, 2012

Double Life: Study Time




“Can I study with you?” Josh asked the girl staring out the window. Nichole said nothing but turned to stare to the boy “It´s math” he said as way of explanation. A tiny, almost imperceptible smile formed in her lips.
“I already studied for it” she said bluntly. Josh looked disappointed. The bell that signaled the last class rang.
“Didn´t you get your tutor?” she asked as she picked her things
“I did… but it didn´t work…”
“What a bad student” she smirked
“I´m not a bad student”
“We´ll see about that..” she walked away
“You will help me” he grinned
“Is that a question?”
“Not really… In the library?”
“Sure… I just need to change this uniform” she tugged at her blouse. Josh chuckled
“See you there” they both took opposite ways to their respective dorms

“Don´t wanna study here” Nichole said and kept walking. Joshua was waiting in the main entrance. She was walking swiftly. 
“I told you it´s not nice to stare at people” she said when he caught up to her, his cheeks lightly blushed
“Why we´re not studying at the library?”
“Math test… the library´s full… I’m claustrophobic”
“Are you…” he started to say but noticed her small smile “where are we going?”
“To the woods” she winked. He chuckled.
“When I see in the dark I´ll be glad to go there”
“Too bad, that´s the best place to study… we´ll have to go somewhere else…”

“Why do you like breaking in to places?” she opened the art room window on the side of the hallway
“You can go ask Mike” she got in, he followed, his eyebrows furrowed “He was down there, didn´t you see him?”
“He’s there? What if he comes here?”
“We´ll jump out the window” she pointed to the window on the opposite side of the room, the one that was on the garden side.
“I’m not jumping out of a two story building!”
“I will”
“Would you let me here to take all the blame?”
“Mike wouldn´t blame you. He knows we’re here”
“What?! He saw us?!” he asked alarmed. She nodded taking her books out of her messenger bag.
“Let´s study”
“Nic…”
“Such a good boy –she smiled a little smile- don´t worry, he doesn’t mind, he´s always known, like you said, it´s obvious that I come if my paintings are finished by the next day. Now, where do you want to start?” she sat on one of the tables, not on the seat, on the table. He stared at her dumbfounded and then he shook his head.

“Not bad, Josh” she handed his exercise pages back. He grinned. “How come your tutor didn´t work?” she was intrigued, the boy wasn´t the smartest one in the subject but he put effort and attention enough to solve correctly a decent amount of exercises.
“I didn´t get what he said” Josh passed his left hand over his neck “You are better at this”
“I am” she said nonchalant, he smiled and so did she at first and then they started laughing
“I really didn´t get your sense of humor at first” he said when their laughter died down
“Who says that´s humor?” she lifted an eyebrow
“Because you seem like a good person”
“Don´t judge a book by its cover”
“That phrase is supposed to be used in the other sense”
“It´s the same” she shrugged. His green eyes became deeper as his expression was focused on her
“You´ve saved my life twice, that´s being a good person, Nic” he reached over and put his hand over hers, she looked at their hands for a moment.
“Once”
“Once?”
“The second time it was because I took you out of the school without permission”
“The second one is this one, I won´t die at that math test tomorrow” he grinned as he lightly squeezed her hand, she smiled.
“It won´t be hard”
“I hope” he sighed, she started to laugh quietly, he motioned his head silently asking for the reason of her laughter.
“Not even when we were pointed by a gun you had that aura of fear and now you seemed so worried about one single test”
“I could hit that guy, I can’t hit the teacher”
“Fair enough”
“Let´s get dinner” he started to pick his things up.
As they got out of the building Mike passed next to them and waved goodbye, Nichole nodded and Josh nervously waved goodbye. “It´s ok, don´t worry, he doesn´t mind” she reassured him.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with Josh in math. I need tutoring MAJORLY!!
    Nic saying she was clastrophobic because the library was full. Lol. That was too good. I think the same way about crowded places. Its so weird feeling. She is so antisocial but she's also cool. That's what I love about her.
    Josh is such a nerd. Haha. He's worrying even though he's already breaking in with her. Ha. He should of been complaining before he went in. He has some bad in him but he can't see it. :)
    Nic is a good girl. Helping him out... I knew they were friends :D
    And of course because she's good at school someone would know she was "breaking in" and using supplies. She isn't out to cause trouble so her dad will be called. I meant won't be called.
    I love the atmosphere here. I thought she was gonna leave him hanging at first, I was gonna lecture her but then she made me happy and helped him in his time of need. Yay
    But back to the feel of it, it was peaceful and youthful. Like they are students and they didn't have supernatural problems. It was normal and I liked it.
    Nic deserves a break after the hectic stuff lately in her life. :) Me happy for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha maybe Nic can tutor you both :p
      yeah, she´s antisocial, she would´ve gone there but since it´s crowded it´s a no go there haha

      hahaha poor Josh strugles with himself, being a good boy but he won´t admit it but he also enjoys not being one -though it´s nothing major what they do -maybe hahahaha

      exactly, she knows better than to let that happen, she knows how to do her things hahaha

      awwww you were going to deffend Josh, that´s sweet, thx. Yup, even if she doesn´t want to admit it, they´ve become good friends.

      ^^ for the first time the word "normal" takes the feeling of a compliment, thank your for making the word normal not normal ;)

      yay!
      me too!!

      Delete
    2. it's funny that you bring up the fact that Josh doesn't mind being a little bad because I know that's true. He was drinking at his birthday party and he loves girls' attention. He has a bit of bad boy in him. Lol

      That math image for this post makes my head spin round! oy

      Normal just became a complex word thanks to Nic. Normal is not normal! ;)

      Delete
    3. well yeah, he´s just a boy ;)

      I know!! that´s why I put it for this post, poor Josh was worried about it

      hahaha normal´s not normal anymore!!

      Delete