Monday, November 5, 2012

Double Life: Enquiry


A/N: Ok, ok! November, here it goes to November 50 many many thingy ...
I can´t find an image of what I want for this one ¬¬ the ones that there are are way too girlish or too creepy -sigh
Here´s to you Saku, I hope it doesn´t disappoint you
*****

“Are you hurt, Nichole?” Natasha asked through the phone
“Why else would I call?” Nichole smirked on the other side of the line but her voice was the same rehearsed one to show the emotion she wanted to show
“Because you want to say hi” Natasha said sarcastically
“Just come”
“Are you in the woods?” Natasha hurried to ask
“You know where I am” Nichole hung up

“This is a nice place” Natasha said sitting in front of Nichole, in the farthest side of the almost empty Italian restaurant in the town close to Burgeoys  school.
“You like Italian food” Nichole pushed a pasta plate towards Natasha. Nat had a motherly expression on her face
“You are not hurt” she started to eat her pasta
“That you don´t see it doesn´t mean I´m not”
“Show me” Natasha said, Nic half-smiled
“Do you want to see me bleeding to confirm I´m hurt?” she raised her eyebrows and Natasha stared at her. “Ok” Nichole bent down a little and took the knife she carried in her boot, she extended her palm and put the blade on it, to cut herself.
“Don´t” Natasha hissed “Don´t hurt yourself” Nichole stared at her for a second and then put the blade away and back to her boot.
“You should be at school… It´s just lunch and you´re out”
 “Don´t pretend you´re concerned about that”
“I am”
“I thought you´d prefer this place than the woods” the girl smirked
“Why are you acting like this?”
“I´m a teenager, teenagers act like this” she tilted her head
“You´ve never acted with ill intentions… you´ve never been like that”
“It was bound to happen… I can´t believe you thought I was that stupid”
“I have never thought you are stupid”
“Good. I think the same of you”

“What do you want?” Natasha shifted uncomfortable on her seat
“Why is Karl fighting with his wife?”
“You´re not calling him father” Natasha said in a small voice
“You´re avoiding my question”
“How would I know?”
“For one thing ´cause you´re one of the few that know his secret –she pointed her thumb to herself- and because you´re his wife´s friend”
“I´m not friends with…”
“But you talk, for better or worse you´re Mii´s doctor too, you must know”
“I don´t”
“Then you´ll find out”
“Since when do you care about your father´s domestic life?”
“He´s my father, I care”
“Don´t pull that with me, I was there when you were perfecting those smiles and faked words!”
“I know you were there, watching and stitching me when I got punished for not doing it right –Natasha seemed like she´d cry any moment- save that –Nichole pointed her- save that, just tell me”
“I don´t know”
“Ok, something simpler”
“Where´s Karl?” Natasha seemed shocked
“At home”
“Which home?”
“His”
“Ok, where´s Mii?”
“At school”
“Are you sure?” Nichole lifted her eyebrows and the side of her mouth twitched up
“What did you do?” the woman seemed alarmed. Nichole shrugged “Nichole, Camille is your sister! You… you..”
“My mother never had other children”
“Nichole where were you last night?”
“Killing a woman” Nichole mouthed and Natasha closed her eyes
“Where were you after that?” she whispered
“I was with Karl”
“How did you…”
“Found him? … I didn´t, that´s why I am asking you to tell me”
“Nichole –Natasha put a hand over her heart- why do you do this to me? Are you trying to kill me?”
“I have easier ways to do that” Nichole tapped her fingers on the table. Natasha chuckled.
“I can´t believe you know me more than what I know you”
“I doubt that… you know more than what you like to show”
“But, honestly, why the sudden interest in your father?” the older woman asked after a moment of eating in silence.
“I used to ask about him all the time”
“Yeah, you used to..”
“Alright, I´ll tell you if you tell me” Nichole half smiled, Natasha narrowed her eyes
“You first”
“Ok, I know Karl´s wife took Camille to Crystals house in the middle of the night”
“How did you know that?” Natasha furrowed her eyebrows and Nichole raised one of her eyebrows “Camille…” the woman sighed “how did she contact you?”
“Don’t ask me that”
“That girl is very smart” she said as Nichole smiled fondly
“Why would her mother take her like that? She´s never reckless when it comes to Camille”
“Camille´s mother wants your father to adopt her other children”
“She´s always want that, that´s not new”
“She also wants another child”
“And…”
“Your father refuses to more children..”
“Keep going”
“He told her he doesn´t want his two children to live like he and your mother had to”
“His two children…?”
“Nichole and Camille” Natasha said gently “she thought her and Camille were the ones to get more and for Jess and Ash to get some too –Nic furrowed her eyebrows- you and Camille will get everything…”
“Once he dies” Nichole quickly recovered to conclude
“I guess”
“I don´t want any of that besides, I already have money… “ she didn´t want to think that because she was the monster and for that she got paid with money… no matter how little of it she tried to used… she was as guilty as her father for it.
“You’re his wife daughter…”
“Was his new wife pressuring him to not take that into consideration?”
“She´s mentioned she thinks you might take away Camille´s part specially since she´s much younger than you”
“She took Camille to pressure him… For money!” Nichole said with an even tone but the look in her eyes reflected the opposite.  Natasha nodded
“I think so” the woman confirmed, Nichole closed her eyes. “Don´t get mad, see it from her point of view, she sees you as a threat, she thinks your father still loves your mother more and therefore he must love you more”
“Ignorance is a bliss” Nichole laughed humorlessly
“You asked…”
“Of course…”
“Should your father feel scared now that you know this?”
“I won´t kill my sister´s father… I won´t kill my other parent”
“You’re a good girl, Nic” Natasha put her hand over Nichole´s gloved hands, she quickly removed her hands and glared at the woman

“Natasha, why are you Camille´s doctor?”
“What do you mean?”
“Karl made you my doctor, why did he make you my sister´s doctor too?”
“I guess he thought if I could handle you, I could handle her and be trusted with his other child too… why?”
“You’re obviously not trustable. I bet he doesn´t know you´re telling me this… specially money-wise”
“Nichole!” Natasha pouted indignant
“Make sure Camille’s ok” Nichole got up
“She´ll be ok, don’t worry” Natasha tried to hug Nichole who put her hand in front of her
“That is something I don´t need from you”
“Nichole…” the woman seemed hurt
“You know what I need from you…” the girl said as she passed next to Natasha. 

2 comments:

  1. Natasha is kind of a ditz. Lol. She gets scared of Nic but then she goes bavk to acting nonchalant. That had me laughing

    So that's why she brought Mii with her. For leverage. I get why she'd want to do that though. Her kids aren't getting anything. She's basically thinking like a mom. And it is pretty cruel of Karl to not leave them anything just because they aren't blood.
    Now I hate him again. That sympathy was short lived, wasn't it.... sigh

    Nic is being pretty flip. She is definitely showing her age in this one. 17 definitely. She was so snarky and sassy. Haha She's feeling confident about something or she just enjoys teasing Nat because she knows she's afraid of her. Lol. She treats her like a kid. Nic treats Nat I mean.

    Maybe Karl thinks Mii may bevome like Nic one day and thats why Nat is her doctor too...? I don't think she is because when Nic was Mii's age she was sick a lot due to the 'curse' she has on her body(now her hand). Mii is healthy and so are the people around her. Nic was sick and she made her mom sick too...
    Too many thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the woman is crazy ;)

      Yeah, she was acting like a mom, she wants all her kids to get some, but ofc Karl got mad to get his kid treated like that... and well, he mistreats his older children, what can you expect of him?

      hahaha it´s like you said, maybe he´s around 97% mean

      yeah, for once. She´s gotten pretty affected by whatever she learned last time and this was about her baby sister, so it´s hard for her to control herself. I think she enjoys teasing Nat, she like having control.

      It makes me happy that you remember their background! who knows? maybe that´s Karl's motivation to make Nat their doc... or maybe it´s like Nat said, he trusts her.

      yay! I loved your comments!!

      Delete