Monday, July 16, 2012

Double Life: Liar, liar



“where the heck have you been?” was the first thing Aaron said. Under a bed Josh thought.
“Why are you shouting? I´ve been around, just hanging…” Josh averted his eyes from his twin stare
“by yourself?” Aaron asked incredulous and Josh knew he´d been caught yet he shrugged not really knowing what to say and regretting not having thought things through. “you don´t hang out by yourself if we have a twin thing –he made quotation marks with his hands- is that we can´t stay by ourselves more than five minutes!”
Josh didn´t say a thing. “I´ve got your back, I know you´ve covered for me before but at least give me a heads up..”
“yeah, yeah..” Josh replied dismissively as they started to walk towards the dorms.
“So, where were you?” Aaron inquired. Josh didn´t answer “does certain long haired, cat-like moves kind of girl has to do something with your sudden urge to just ditch classes and ‘hang’” Aaron once again made quotation marks in the air smirking.


Josh said nothing but unconsciously shifted somehow uncomfortable. He wanted to avoid telling about Nic as she had requested but he hadn´t thought what he was going to say, Aaron knew him too much for him to just believe any excuse. Aaron laughed out loud. “I knew it” he seemed very amused. Josh felt his twin patting his back “Not even Leigh made you ditch a class and she was your girlfriend! And this girl doesn’t even mind you and you´re all over her!” Aaron laughed even more “tell me, what did you guys do? Did you kiss her or something?” Aaron wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Josh´s eyes widened a little knowing he´d be dead if that was the case but he couldn´t avoid his hand to flex, the hand that had been held by her. Why does it matter, he thought.
“nooo” Aaron shouted interpreting Josh´s silence in the wrong way “did you… nooo. Ah, man! And you said it was not like that!”
“it´s not like that, you gossiper. I haven´t said a thing!”
“well, you´re not denying anything either”
“your such a gossiper!”
“ok, tell me what did you do then? “ Aaron eyed his twin as if daring him to lie. Josh smirked confident.
“we watched a movie”
“which one?” Aaron quickly asked sensing a lie.
“Liar, liar with Jim Carrey” he thanked Nichole for the excuse, she was always so ahead of him.
“She´s got her own TV?” Aaron complained. He had believed the excuse. Josh laughed at how easy it had been while nodding.
“oh, man! I have to get my own TV too! I never get to see what I want in the common room”
“my roommate has one” Josh supplied
“wha-at?”
“yeah, he´s into sports and he never misses a game”
“we´ve got to change rooms! And you´ve got to take me to movie night with Nichole next time! I like that girl! She knows how to break the rules and apparently she never gets caught!”
“ah, so that´s it” Josh laughed quietly
“eh?” Aaron was at a loss
“you want her to teach you to break the rules so we can be expelled once again”
“hey! You´re the only one I see braking rules in here!” Aaron smirked “I only ask for a little fun”


The twins got to their separate ways once they were in front of the dorms. They had rooms in different buildings.



*****
Ok, this was a very short one but I felt it had to have its own post... it really didn´t fit with the prior one... but it couldn´t be made too long either... Hey this one of the few times that I make a double post :D

6 comments:

  1. Once again that meddlesome Aaron cracks me up! He was so funny. "She knows how to break rules and not get caught" (paraphrase). I love that.
    I think it's cool no matter how selfcentered Aaron is he'll hace Josh's back in the end. Wonder if Nic will change that dynamic between them?_?

    I was gonna ask about Liar, Liar last time but I'm glad I waited. Got the answer on this one. ;) Nic is always two steps ahead of a very confused Josh. Lol.
    I love that movie though. It was sooooo funny. When he didn't give that hobo money. Hahaha I cracked up.

    Do more of the double postings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say how gullible Aaron is for believing they watched a movie for that long. To miss classes and curfew?! Lol. I think he believed it because he wanted to. He didn't want to think Josh/Nic's relationship was "that" far along. He wants to get her first .... or something like that. He could just be naive

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe I´m glad ;)

    yes, they´re very close mmm I wonder about that too :p

    uh, nice, I really like that movie, I´ve seen it many times
    sorry, but that I can´t promise... u know how lazy I am to even update n my muses are worst!!

    of course, siblings are like that sometimes... going easy on the other. He was like that ´cause it´s like repaying to Josh for all that he´s gone through for him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that picture a water fountain with a light in the bottom? I can't really tell from my phone. :-p
    If yes, how come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless its a rendevouz point...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. Aaaron is such a fool.
    He had me laughing the whole time. He's such a boy. He just has no worries at all. Or that's how it seems to the world.
    He wants to be taught how to break the rules and not get caught. That line was gold. It was my favorite of his.

    ReplyDelete