Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July good stuff


Gauss made a mathematical discovery -geez this guy made students life way more difficult...

Neptune was discovered -ha, this makes me think on how I never thought of this.

Fist public schoolhouse -yay! though kids at times think there shouldn´t be schools at all

Smoking in public places is banned in England -great thing! and better that now this has happened in my country too

The first coin to honor a woman is introduced: Susan B. Anthony, she was a leader and played a huge role in the fight for women rights. Awesome, I wish women were honered like this over here.

First cultivated strawberry -so they were only wild before? 0_o

U.S independence day-- many streets were closed this year in my country because of this. I wonder if streets are closed in some other country when our independence day is celebrated mmm

Lewis Carol creates Alice in Wonderland -Awesome!! I like this story, I even want a costume like Alice´s. I like the book and the Disney version too!

Hard Days Night, Beetle's premiere --ha, so there´s a movie? well, I love the song! -happened in July ;)


First woman enters naval forces-- ok, I´m so against military stuff but I think it´s important because women should be able to do what they want to do and not be stopped just for being women.

Che comes to my country --ok, Che was a reviolutionary leader, he had good thoughts -or so I think

The declaration of independency was read in Pensilvania-- isn´t this nice? independence is always good

Disneyland opened in California --I´ve heard this place is cool

There was an eclipse-- I have faint memories of this, it became really dark as if it was night, I was like three or something

There´s a meteor shower! --ok this will be happening at the end of this month! I should get something to watch this

My bro and little cousin were born-- which is the best of July :p

and finally....

I took the time, on July, to research good stuff to make a list of July good stuff and found out that for some reason it seems that we -human- tend to register mostly the bad things, very little good things are remembered and that´s so bad, more good things should be remembered. I´d like to start making a list of good things, to remember not everything can be that bad right? -and that´s a lot comming from me, the oh-so-ever pessimist hahaaha....

---ok, so I did this one for my friend Saku, because it seems July´s been a bad month for her for a while now and I want to giver her a reason -even a very tiny tiny one- to think better of July ^^ --maybe I won´t make it but it´s worth the try, right? --even a little smile would make it worth it ;)

1 comment:

  1. I swear there's a flutter in my chest! This is so super nice. I love that cultivated strawberry thing. It was funny. I didn't know any of that stuff. Except July 4 of course.
    And you're right. We do tend to focus on the bad stuff. I guess cause its so plentiful most of the time. Sigh. But I will try my best to think more positive.
    Thank you. This is really very kind

    ReplyDelete