Monday, July 30, 2012

Double Life: Tweedledum and Tweedledee


“Are you coming Nicky?” Aarons´ voice said and her blood boiled. She stood up, turned to him and managed to stop before slapping him
“I told you not to call me like that” she grabbed her bad and walked away.

She heard footsteps behind her; she had memorized those footsteps by then. She rubbed her forehead with exasperation as she tried to calm down. She knew it had been very impulsive to try to slap Aaron even though she had stopped, anything could´ve happened, bandage or not. The guy seemed to have a talent to make her mad but how she could slip like that when she’d done years of training to avoid acting on impulse, she wondered.

“I´m sorry” Aaron said catching up to her. ” I had forgotten you disliked being called like that”
“It´s ok” she looked ahead
“You ok?” Josh´s voice asked at her other side. She looked at him. His expression worried. The corner of her mouth lifted up a little
“I’m ok” she lightly brushed her now gloved hands on the back of his hand. He relaxed as he smiled.
They walked in silence. She walked a couple of steps ahead of the twins.
“Later, Josh” she said when they got to her building “Aaron” she nodded to him and turned to leave.
“I´m sorry” Aaron apologized again. She kept walking but raised a hand and waved as to acknowledge his apology and then she entered the building.

“Why doesn’t she like being called Nicky, it suits her” Aaron spoke first
“I don´t know” Josh shrugged.
“How come?  Aren’t you always with her?”
“So? It´s not like she talks much, besides why not to call her as she likes to be called?”
“yeah… I thought she was actually going to slap me… I bet you didn´t convince her to go to town with us”
“After you making her mad do you think she’d be going even if I had convinced her?”
“The point here is that you couldn´t convince her” Aaron smirked “So, it´s just us to town then, we´ll look for Brighton and the others there…”
“I´m not going” Josh said and Aaron stopped
“Why not?”
“Got other plans”
“What can you possibly do here that´s more fun than going out?” they had started to walk again
“Stuff”
Aaron´s eyes grew wider with realization “You´re staying with Nichole aren’t you?”
“Yeah” it was Josh´s turn to smirk
“You didn´t convince her to go to town but to stay with you” Aaron accused
“She didn´t want to go and I highly doubt she´d want to go with you there after making her mad” Josh wouldn´t say it but he was as curious as his twin to know why she´d gotten so mad.
“I´m staying too”
“You don´t even know what we´ll be doing”
Aaron raised his eyebrows “more reason to stay”
“You´re crazy” Josh shook his head amused
Instead of going back to his own building, Aaron went to Josh´s room with him.

“Can I use your TV?” Josh asked his roommate while his twin was in the restroom.
“Sure, You´re not going to town?” the boys asked incredulous, the whole school waited for the time to left the place
“Nah, I´ll just watch TV”
The boy looked at Josh as if he was crazy but shrugged and left.
Josh changed and so did Aaron taking Josh´s clothes and throwing his uniform to the dirty cloth basket but missing. “You´d better pick that up” Josh ordered but Aaron ignored it.

An hour had passed. Josh was playing some video game in his laptop while Aaron was lying on his twin´s bed looking at the ceiling.
“This is so freaking boring. Didn’t you say you were going to stay with Nichole?”
“Yes. I didn´t say you were going to stay with her though”
“What? –Aaron rolled to his side to glare at his twin that was still very focused on his game- You´re ditching her to annoy me?”

Another half hour passed.
“Screw this! I´m leaving” Aaron said already opening the door “Nichole!”
Josh turned on his chair, his eyes wide, he´d never seen her enter his room from the door. She had also changed her uniform for a pair of black jeans, a gray t-shirt and a long sleeved shirt over. Josh noticed she was wearing her gloves and not just the bandage again.

“Can I come in?” she broke the silence. Aaron quickly moved and then closed the door.
“Where´s the TV?” She asked Josh who got up and opened the closet doors and then removed the cloth and blankets that covered the TV to put them on his roommate´s bed.
“I don´t know what movies you like but I brought a few” she opened her bag and there was the smell of pop-corn “my bag will be smelly now” she handed two bags of microwave pop-corn to him
“How did you?” Aaron started
“I went to the cafeteria” she rolled her eyes and Josh laughed. He took out some of his roommate´s movies and handed them to her. Aaron had felt like glued to the place he´d been but now was walking towards them. They both looked at him. He felt her stare pierced him.
“Can I stay?” he asked and his voice sounded smaller than usual. He coursed inwardly for that. Josh looked at Nichole. She shrugged and produced a can of soda that she handed to Josh, a bottle of tea that she opened for herself and another can that she tossed to Aaron. He was dumbfounded.
“You brought one for me” He looked at her. She shrugged while going through the CD¨s “You knew I´d be here?”
“Well, that was the plan” she handed Josh a movie for them to watch.
“What?” the twins asked at once.
“You wanted you, your twin and I to go to the movies in town –she pointed Aaron- and you –she pointed Josh- were trying to convince me to go to town with you both too… wasn´t watching a movie the plan? I´d figured the location wouldn´t matter” she shrugged again. The twins looked at her as if she had grown a third yes. “I know I´m easy on the eye and pretty to ogle but I think we were here to watch a movie not me” She looked at them and they looked away.

“Could you put this on the desk” she asked Aaron handing him two of his twin’s notebooks that she´d borrowed. Aaron had been sitting next to her while Josh was putting the movie. Josh came back and sat in his twin´s place. Aaron had to sit next to his brother since there was no space to the other side of her.
The movie started. It was a comedy, she liked comedies.
“How did you get up here?” Aaron asked
“The dorm supervisor´s gone to town and his substitute was asleep so I just walked in” she explained. The twins laughed.
After the first movie they watched an action movie, when it ended, Josh and Aaron put the TV back under the blankets and the clothes in the closet and then the three of them went to have an early dinner at around six.

“I thought there was not going to be dinner” one of the twins commented
“Yeah, since everybody is out” the other finished. Nic shook her head
“The teachers that stayed, the dorm supervisors, the rest of the staff and the students that stayed have to eat something” she said amused.
They stayed inside the cafeteria; it was almost empty besides some teachers and a few scattered students. When they finished each picked their trash and exited. It was dark already.
“I´ll walk you to your building” both boys said at the same time. The corners of her mouth shot up a little
“You´re funny boys. I´m fine though, an afternoon with tweedledum and tweedledee is enough for me” she joked and the twins narrowed their eyes at the same time in fake annoyance. She laughed and so did they. “Later, twins” she waved and walked away.

“It´s rude to stare” she said shaking her head but still looking ahead. Both boys averted their gaze quickly as they heard her chuckle.
“She´s got eyes on her back or something” Aaron said and they too walked to their own room.

*****Ha! as promissed! weee! three posts of Double Life in two days!!!
--btw why is it that when you look for "twins" in google, what you get is tons of pictures of the Olsen twins?? they were famous -note the "were" ´cause now they do nothing... --mini rant over--

3 comments:

  1. Three posts in 12 hours!?!?!! Woohoo!!!
    I thought the last one was hilarious but this was the best so far for comedy. ;)

    I might be mistaken for an Aaron fan the way I gush over him but he just does so much funny things! Lol. He was so adorable when she tossed him a soda.

    Whoa I was not expecting Nic to dress like this in her down time. O.o I always imagine her in her uniform. She dresses cool.
    I don't know if you'll believe this but Dominic hates the "Nicky" nickname too. Lol. I wrote it on his character profile. Hahaha.

    This is one of my faves. I loved how Nic was in this one. She was very compromising and she seemed to think about Josh's potential reactions so she'd change her behavior accordingly. I thought that was the sweetest thing EVER! I could of got the wrong impression but thats how it appeared.

    Thank yoy for this.

    And that Olsen rant was the cheery on top! Hilarious and so true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D wohooo! once again, I´m glad you enjoyed this one.

      hehe you think? she doesn´t pay much attention to what she wears though but what she wears, she does for practicality ;)

      Really? why does he..? mmm gotta go see that.

      uh! I bet she´d hate to be called sweet or even considerate to the twins hahaha

      oh lol

      Delete
  2. The twins watching Nic walking away?! Lol. They are too much. Brats! :D

    ReplyDelete