Saturday, July 14, 2012

Haunted Souls


Just when I think you care,
you prove me wrong by being you.
Your love meets its limit where your desires start,
they don´t even fight, desire always wins for you
of course, only your own.

Jus when I think I don´t care,
I prove myself wrong by feeling tears urging to come out.
My love died but its ghost is roamming the dark spaces of my soul
how do you kill a ghost? I guess, love is indeed eternal
of course, its nothing but a bleached version of what it was.

The chained ghost that naggs me from the inside
makes me feel compassion for it makes me remember
at some point you hid your demons so that I would think heaven was earth
but who can avoid demons? you ended up passing them on to me,
I fought some, some are living with me...
maybe we are,after all, monsters of the same kind
knowing earth is no heaven and that demons can´t be hidden for too long...

Your love ends where you desires start...
My love ends where my mind starts...
it dies... leaving ghosts....
minds filled with ghosts...
haunted souls...


*****
As I wrote this one, I was listening to this : Not Alone by Linking Park (please clic) I think it goes with the poem somehow. It makes a bit of a contrast or maybe a follow up of this...idk it justs feels right with this piece.

2 comments:

  1. Linkin Park rock! I swear! ;)
    Numb is my fave. The video(filmed in Prague by the way) was so great. Its the kind of story I like to write about.

    This also reminded me of this song by Ashanti called Foolish. Her guy treats her bad but she' "Foolish" cause she stays with him and can't really explain it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss!!
      I like that one too! -didn´t know that- mh, it really gets to me.

      I´ve never heard that one.I will now.

      as always, thx for reading and commenting

      Delete