Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oblivion

Desierto del Sahara by exeltoreplicante-flicker.com -at least that´s what it said where I found it-

I was looking at the inmensity of the nothingness in front of me. My eyelids felt heavy but I just couldn´t make myself to close my eyes. My mouth was so dry that breething hurt my throat, breething in was like having a knife slicing inside me. My tongue was stuck on the upper part of my mouth. I was so thirsty. The wind blew throwing sand into my eyes, I barely blinked. I had been avoiding to feel but that wind made me feel my hair, it was dirty, dusty and felt as if it was made of some kind of rope instead of hair, that dirty it was. The hair closer to my neck clung to my skin because of the beads of sweat all over me. It was the afternoon now but I had been laying there for a very long time, over my stomach, my arms stretched to either side of my body, I could see one of my hands almost infront of my face, I was as dirty and dusty as I felt. My clothes were heavy and clung uncomfortably to my skin. The jacket I was wearing had made sure that the heat of the sun stayed with me despite that by now it was not high in the sky anymore, instead it was at my back casting its glow to the sand dunes all around me. I was on top of one of the dunes, just watching the other dunes and the orange sky that at some point in the horizon met with the sand.

I had been laying there for a very long time, I didn´t remember how long, I couldn´t care less. I had the faint memory of shedding tears that the sand swallowed. The wind blew again and it only reminded me how hot it was, how thirtsty I was and how my former black hair now was brown due to the dust covering it.

I kept watching at the nothingness infront of me. I was aware that it surrounded me everywhere, there was nothing around me, nothing but sand and sun and everything was orange. I heard a sound very far away, a very distinct sound, I knew the sound, some kind of vehicle that let itself be noticed due to its powerful engine. I lazily blinked once not attempting to shift my position, not attempting to even think. Yet I did, my mind knew the vehicle, the road from which it was traveling and its final destination: me. My mind followed the engine until it came to a halt a few feet away from me. A heavy biker´s boot was set on the ground sending the sound of the gravel through the ground to my ear. He balanced the bike and parked it as he crossed his other leg over it to get off of it.

I knew he was wearing black jeans and his heavy boots, the t-shirt could´ve been any and over that his jacket, so similar to mine except that it was black while mine was dark brown. The wind blew again and I knew his long wavy hair, way softer than mine now, was being ruffled and tossed against his face. I didn´t want to think of his features and I didn´t, he remained faceless in my mind. I focused on the sound of his boots, the sound of the gravel being pushed down by his weight with every step that he walked towards me. That sound, that´s the only thing I focused on and the nothingness ahead of me below the orange sky.

The man stood maybe two steps away from me, looking at me intently, I knew, I didn´t acknowledge his presence, why should I? I knew he was about to tell me something and I almost wanted him to, my mind was ready to spit toxic words to him. "Who asked you to come?", "I never asked you to be here" were just the first and not toxic yet rude words that I was going to say but he knew, of course he knew so he just sighed as he lowered himself to the ground and placed a silver tray just above my shoulder. I heard the things in it moving. He stood up again and looked down at me, I felt his eyes all over me and I knew he was about to say something again but with a sigh he started to walk back to his bike. The sound of the gravel under his weight filled my ears again. He left the same way he had come and my mind followed him until there was no sound again.

I was still looking at the nothingness ahead of me, feeling the orange sun rays whipping my sunburn skin, when my mind wandered towards what the man had left over my shoulder. I knew what it was, and I knew because there were many other similar items at my back, almost as if they were forming my aura, they must have emit little beams as the sunlight fell on them, but they were not my aura, they were silver oval trays with a silver kettle filled with jasmin tea -and as I thought of it the air passing through my lungs felt sharpier- there was a white ceramic tea cup too, it had some flower simple dessign on it, most likely hand made that might match the rest of the teacups around, there was also a silver teaspoon and a small sugar container and there was one final container, a bigger one, it had bread, white, soft bread butter spread on its surface. My mind went back to the tea, it was as if I was likcking it but no, my body was still laying on the ground, the sand on my cheek as a pillow. I could´ve kicked the tray, to make the little delicate teacup only pieces, that one and the many others around me but that would´ve meant I would´ve had to get up...

I was so sore and thirsty and burned. I focused my mind once again in the sound of the gravel being crushed under the man´s feet, a sound that long ago had come. I forgot it all again but that sound, I relied in it to take me to oblivion again as I stared at the inmensity of the nothingness infront of me. Everything was orange as the sand swallowed my liquid bitterness once again.

A/N: so... well... no begining, no real ending but what matters to me most of this one is the fact that there was dessert, thirst and the sound of footsteps, that´s all that I want to capture and show. I´d love if who ever reads this is able to see the scenery because that´s very important for me, the scenery because I know that scenery will make ppl feel what the person laying on the ground felt. Btw, this was a dream I had this past Monday, of course, this is not the exact dream, the dream was just a glimpse at this or something like that.

6 comments:

  1. Well your plan worked. I could visualize the thirst and I could really see the wet hair stuck to the back of this person's neck because of sweat.
    Your dreams are far out. Lol. And methinks you have a secret thing for biker guys. Heh heh heh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! that´s exactly what I wanted.

    well...yeah, that´s me hahaha
    mh as I said I do have a thing for bikers but it´s not just that I have a thing for bikes too, it´s an awesome feeling that you get when riding on a bike. I want to learn how to ride one though so far bro n father have opposed to the idea but I´ll make it true some day hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it on your bucket list! ;)
      You'll do it. I'm sure of it.

      I wonder what the dishes meant? That were laying around. And why not drink the tea? O.o
      Also why didnt the biker help more? Dreams leave lots of questions

      Delete
    2. mmh I´ll do it!
      yup yup even if I´m really old but I´ll have to make it.

      I think it meant the person on the ground didn´t want to drink/eat, it was like some sort of self-impossed punishment or something like that

      I do know the answer of that one, the biker didn´t help because he knew the person there didn´t want to be helped, he knew he was only going to get insulted if he tried to help more than just by taking food/tea

      Delete
    3. Makes sense....
      Wonder what the biker looked like? Wonder if he was cute? Or if he was a SHE? Lol. kidding kidding

      Delete
    4. he was a biker he had to b cute :p
      u meanie :p it made me laugh though :p

      Delete