Monday, November 1, 2010

Fallen angel


Chapter 26****love***
Ayon stayed motionless. His back to me. He was like that for over a minute. I started to cry. Passio had done this and I now knew that I needed to do as she said. Ayon shoulders started to move up and down faster. He was sobbing. He was sad. I couldn’t move. ´Energy, Eimi´I heard Passio in my head. If I had been able to move I would have taken off the ribbon in his hair and caressed his head. The ribbon broke in two pieces and his hair floated over his back. He turned startled. Our faces tear-stained.

“forgive me” he said, pleading. I had expected a big hug. “forgive me, Eimi, I- I” ´no´ I said in my mind ´where´s my hug?´
“Eimi?” he said looking at his arms “is this you?”
-yes- I think so… I said to myself
“how can you still want me close?” he hugged me for a long time. “I promise you I´ll find Passio and make her paid for what she´s done to you” he said looking straight to my eyes.
-no-
“oh, Eimi, I´ll be fine” it was so awful not being able to talk. ´Energy´I heard again in my head. I remembered that when we were closer the better he took my energy. The problem was how to make him get closer. I try to summon those strings of light or energy that I had have when I met Passio, I wanted to have those `hands`. It worked. They took his hand.

“when did you learn to do it?!” he asked. I rolled my eyes. How was I going to answer that? He smiled “yes, I´m being the moron now” the strings of light were weak but he followed them. They were pulling him to my bed then close to me. Gladly, he understood and took me. My ear on his chest. I could listen to his heart. I tried to send a thought to him. I hurt him. He moaned in pain but he didn’t move. Maybe it was not his heart but his head. I pulled out the strings again and pulled him down but it was not strong enough to move him or me. Then, I touched his forehead with it.
“head to head?”
-yes-
“thoughts?”
-yes-
“ok, I know how”

He got up then pulled a big chair. He got me in his arms and he sat with me on his lap, then he put his forehead on top of mine and closed his eyes.
“my heart just dopped to my stomach again” his voice sounded in my head. The sound of his laugh in my ears. He was passing me his thoughts. I was afraid of passing all of mine to him.
“don’t be afraid, it´s just like feeding” again his thoughts in my head. He gave me confidence because when feeding I could felt some of him and viceversa but never all of it.

“no vengeance!” I said, no response from him “no vengeance” I tried to scream on my thoughts because I thought he hadnt listened.
“ouch!” he said “I heard, sorry for not answering”
“I´m sorry!”
“it´s ok, it´s my fault”
“no vengeance, no friendship with those spirits, no hurting people or no one and no gloomy face, my angel” tears in his eyes. I felt his pain.
“I´m no longer an angel, Eimi”
“you are here, you chose me ´cause it was right to protect the weaker one`, so I say you are my angel, and that´s what you are. Period.”
“no, look what I did to you”
“I´ll be ok… I´ve missed you!”
“where were you, Eimi, all this time, you´ve waken up only to faint again, and when you were fainted it was like you weren´t here, where were you?, I couldn’t sense you here or anywhere?”
“I don’t know. I thought I was here… you havent feed!” I could felt his weak spirit starving. A flow of energy went from my skin to him. I had so many thoughts in my head, I wanted to ask so many questions it was like a flood inside of me and even in my head I had to chose what to say next.
“no! I don’t deserve it!”
“take it!”
“no!” I got mad at his attitude and sent it anywyay. I knew he was in need of it. He tried to fight it but couldn’t. I chucked in my mind.
“I´ve missed your laughter” he said
“you heard that?”
“this is like talking, dear”
“ I see. I´m sorry you had to choose. I´m sorry that your choice sent you to that place”
“I´m not. I´d do I again if I had to”
“only an angel could say that… choosing to save the weak”
“choosing love” I wasn’t sure to get that line.
“about that… I kind of …got mad at Shiloe…”
“don’t mind about her”
“but I…”
“Niss came and told me that he had heard about what happened to Shiloe…no he doesn’t know the rest or about me either…yeah, I´m sure and if he knows he didn’t say anything…”
“the spirits?”
“sorry about that, I ordered not to touch you”
“they hate you!”
“I know, it works that way there, it´s only a matter of power”
“loose them”
“done”
“how long has it been?”
“a month and a half”
“how long it was that night?”
“it all happened quick, in no time really but a lot at the same time… the concept of eternity”
“what time it was here when you came back?”
“almost seven in the morning”
“you´ve been here all this time”
“yes”
“why?”
“how could I not be here?”
“it´s not fair for you… you don’t have to”
“I do” it hurt my heart that he felt obligated to be there. Maybe that was what Passio meant when she said that I didn’t have to made him love me. She had meant out of pity. It really made me sad and in a way it made me feel clautrophofic, a big pressure on my chest, maybe, it`s hard to describe.
“take me out to the garden”
“doctors say it´s better to have you inside the house, your inmune system, they think, is weak”
“everything feels numb…”
“hold on” he got away. I opened my eyes. He smiled and moved his hand. He had created the illusion of the park for me. I closed my eyes. He returned to me and put his forehead over mine.
“thanks”
“the least I can do after all I´ve caused”
The door was being knocked. “no! tell them to go” he chuckled and did as I told him.
“it´s time to check on her” a voice said
“what time is it?” I asked
“eight a.m…bath time”
“w-what?”
“it´ll be fine” he said. When he lifted his head, the illusion of the park vanished
“come in” his voice was more like I remembered it now, more calm.
Two nurses brough in a strecher and a screen. They set it
“sir?” one said. He took me there
“I´m always here. I was anxious so I didn’t like too many people to touch you. I put you here always and stay here and that´s why they brought in a screen. I can go this time though and forgive me if you didn’t like me being here. Should I go?” he said half appologizing.

I pondered it for a while. I blinked twice –no- he smiled and I felt he went to sit away, his back to the screen. I don’t know how I was so sure of that but I knew it.
“miss Crusos, you´re so lucky!” a nurse said whispering in my ear after a while. It was so horrible to so dependant, so awful to be touched by those strangers that were talking to me as if the knew me. “he´s so handsome! –she continued- And the way he looks at you! I wish someone love me like that!” love! This was not it, it was regret. I started to cry, gladly they were finishing “oh miss, don’t worry he wont leave you, he really loves you. He never leaves you side. I don’t think I´ve ever seen so much love!” was this woman here to torture me? Ayon! My mind shouted.
“Eimi!” he came quickly to the other side of the screen
“she´s ok, sir but maybe she´s sad. She started to cry”
“Are you done?” worry in his voice
“yes sir” they both said taking the screen quickly, I could sense fear in them.
“what happened?” he lifted me while putting our foreheads close
“oh my! Look how lovingly he is!” one told the other nurse. I couldn’t talk or move but my hearing was fine.
“I want to be alone” I said to Ayon
“go” he said to the nurses “leave that, I´ll pick it up”
-no- I blinked twice. He put his forehead on mine again “take me to the other room….when they´re done, we´ll be back, please” I couldn’t stop crying. He kissed my forehead. The two women were in awe. They were torturing me. Saying love when the words were pity and regret.
“please send someone to clean this room after you´re done picking that”
“yes sir…i´ts so happy that she woke up, right? You seem very happy!”
“I am” he said with the beautiful voice I loved, no more harshness. More tears came to my eyes “it´s ok Ei” he was trying to calm me down while taking me to the other room. The doctors scolded him for taking me out, they were scared of him, but apparently my room had been modified to keep the environment free from bacteria even dust. Criss wasn’t there, so they couldn’t fight him, in the end they put me on oxygen. But it wasn’t long because I returned to my bedroon too quickly to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment