Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fallen angel


Chapter 29 *** facts****

Everytime Criss walkes in a room, he brings his happy aura with him. He came in smiling to me but somehow he managed to look Ayon in a contemptous way. How strange and diverse expressions can be. 

“Eimi, dear, are you ok?” he asked worried when he saw my eyes.
-yes-
“can I talk with you now?” I knew, as everybody else, that he meant withouth Ayon.
-yes- 

Ayon knew it too, he placed his forehead over mine “don’t go too far away, please” I said. He kissed my cheek and left. “finally” Criss murmured. 

“Eimi, I think you can try talking to me now, you think you can do it?” he had brought this new technology wich trhough a funny hat in my head made a computer verbalize my thoughts. It had been hard to learn, but I guessed I had to learn how to use it since only Ayon could listen to my thoughts and I wanted to know what had happened with me, what the doctors said about me, what was going on in my company, in my house… Criss put me in a seated possition on my bed, he fixed the pillows for me and then he placed the funny hat on my head. He took a chair and sat infront of me. He smiled.

“A smile for you too” the computer sounded. It was my thoughts but with that voice computers have programmed. It was so artificial. He smiled brighter, he was happy.
“can you tell me about the company, please?”
“is that what you want to know the most, Eimi?”
“is my job to know that, I know you are doing a good job but I want to be sure it`s all going well`” Criss sighed
“ok, as I told you I`ve taken your place, all the contracts are going well, all of what has happened to you hasn’t reach anyone`s ears, I`m the only one who knows and the people around here. The accounts you were…”
“you never went to that meeting abroad, did you?” I interrupted him. I remembered the last time I had been normal he came to say good bye before going abroad.
“I did, but only to get a plane back”
“tell me about that”
“hasn’t he told you about that?” I said nothing so he continued “I was getting off the plane when I heard my phone ringing. It was your number but Ayon was the one calling. He said to come back because Eimi has had an accident. I took the plane back home. I came here and he was at your side. I knew you trusted him so I asked him if he had done anything to you. He said nothing. I called an ambulance and the police. They wanted to take him but he didn’t let them, he resisted, they almost shoot him but he didn’t left your side. They took you to the hospital. Police men and then bodyguards were there all the time to make sure he did nothing. He went to kiss you one day but a guard thought he was trying to harm you so he hit Ayon and Ayon hit back broking the man`s arm in three parts. We argued. He didn’t got close to you from that day. The guard has pressented charges against him. You`ve payed for that not to become public. 

“thank you for that Criss” the machine failed to transmit the deep gratitude I wanted to imply in those words.
“After a day, I decided to take your place at the company because this could be a scandal. Two weeks passed, doctors didn’t know what had happened to you. Your heart failed a lot, we thought we were going to loose you. I thought he was going crazy. Sometimes he would suddenly call your name. I knew that you wouldn’t like to wake up in a hospital so I decided to bring you back. It tood a week to adecuate your room.

The day we brought you back you woke up for the first time. You opened your eyes and seemed like triying to talk or scream but no words came out, the doctors we had here didn’t know what was going on with you. It happened two more times, they find out then you werent able to talk. They said probably you have neourological damage, again Ayon was the main suspect. We never left him alone with you. One day you woke up but it was like only your body had woken up. We took you to the hospital, there we knew for sure that you were not going to be able to move or talk.” He started to cry.

“it`s ok Criss, don’t worry about me anymore than you already have”
“and instead of me conforting you, you are the one conforting me, ahg!”
“you`ve worry enough, you don’t have to, forgive me for being such a pain, make sure to compensate yourself” now that he had taken my place he could manage all the time, money and whatever in my company.
“money is not all, Eimi” my words seemed to offend him
“I didn’t mean to offend you, I know your friendship is great and a blessing to me”
“friendship…” he sighed
“because of me, you havent rest, please rest a little, I`m sure you were by my side the whole time, too”
“I wanted to be here”
“what a great friend I have. Come, give me a hug. And imagine I`m hugging you back while smiling ok?” my voice sounded so funny on that machine and I felt so stupid saying what I had said.

 He came close and hugged me.
“I thought I was going to loose you Eimi” he whispered in my ear “I felt like diying” he moved away a little, but he was still close. His eyes looking straight into mine. I knew what was coming. I didn’t know what to do. “I don’t want to loose you. Eimi it`s more than friendship, you know? I love you Eimi, I`ve loved you since the first time I saw you. I`d do anything for you, anything”

I didn’t know what to say. But I knew my heart was no longer mine, so I couldn’t correspond him.
“I`m not the same anymore, Criss, look at me. You don’t want me”
“love doesn’t change for a thing like this or for anyother” I knew what he meant.
“you deserve better”
“Eimi” he said my name as if he was beggin me to love him back. Then he closed his eyes and kissed me. If I had been able to move I would`ve done it “I really wanted you to know what`s in my heart”
“Criss…”
“you don’t have to say nothing –he smiled his bright smile- now I`ll talk about everything else…” I couldn’t focus anymore. It was so hard to know for sure what I already knew but ignore. He kept on talking about the state of the company, bank accounts, my house, hospital bills, my own illness, Ayon name scattered here and there mixed with the word guilty or suspect or damage… “this is making you tired, isnt it?”
“yes…”
“I`ll read for you, is that ok?” He knew I love to read and I wasn’t able to do it anymore, my favorite book was still on my nightstand, as if waiting for me to come back.
“thank you, but I know you`re tired too, you work here, you work at the company, you take care of my business, you can go to rest” he, now, lived under my roof too, he had moved in since I got back from the hospital.
“I can go if you want me to” he sounded sad.
“I didn’t say that” it was so hard to deal with emotions.

He took my hand in his then he started to read but he read less than a chapter before falling asleep on my lap. He was so tired. Poor him.

No comments:

Post a Comment