Thursday, November 4, 2010

tuesdays with Morrie

I have a long time since I havent talked about any of my readings, I almost feel like I`m not reading as much as I used to which feels like not being me...of course I´ve had million things to do, so I guess it`s not only my fault, thought it`s true that I stopped reading real books -what unreal books have u read, ha?- because I lost my library id ¬¬ anyway, about the book, it`s actually intensive reading -haha using big words- that is I`m reading it for school but it doesnt mean it`s a bad reading in fact, it`s quite good and some parts of it almost made me cry.


The story starts with a graduation, a teacher and a student, both had became friends. The student promissed to always be in touch with the teacher. He never did. Time went by and then the student founds out his teacher is dying... many things happened and they met again. Morrie, the teacher is teaching Mitch, the student, again, teaching him about death and life... it`s a quite simple but emotional book.

Some quotes that I like so far -because I havent finished it- are:
"should`t the world stop? dont they know what has happened to me?
but the world did not stop, it took no notice at all..."

"Part of me is scared of leaving school. Part of me wants to go desperately. Tension of opposites."

The latter is me nowadays... btw, there`s this part that I really liked, when Morrie, the teacher founds out he`s dying he decided to do a living funeral, how cool is that, ha?, so that he could hear all the nice things ppl would say about him! I think I`ll do one of those some day haha

No comments:

Post a Comment