Friday, May 4, 2012

Ivory and Peaches

You squeezed yourself between me and the air around,
You lightly and akwakdly swept my skin,
You glanced me and quickly looked away.

Hot knife going through butter, that´s what you are.
A bonfire that makes me cold while my skin burns.
Whispers that shout echoing inside my ears, that´s your voice.
Melted caramel, bled honey that bathes the esence of space.

I leaned towards you, magnetism dragged me.
I watched you carefully learning you are the same: ivory and peaches.
I heard you calling me and it all vanished, you were there.

Three times you said goodbye and then you flied.
There was the same, the peace, the trust, the warthm.
There were quiet memories storming through my pores.

Lights, lights, lights, will they preserve the fleeting smile?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the title of this. It's so... Mysterious. Lol. But seriously, what does it mean?
    I like the bonfire but its cold part. I could visualize two scenarios throughout this poem. Success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled for that tittle. I knew what I wanted of it but I wasn´t sure how to word it. I guess the easiest way to put it, is to say that "ivory and peaches" mean "color and texture and smell and flavor, a party for the senses" -that was complicated wasn´t it?-
    yay! that makes me happy! I almost lose this one ´cause it was a time gap from the moment I thought it and the time in which I was able to get to pen and paper to write it.

    ReplyDelete