Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Double Life: Bad Timing


A/N: this must be a late xmas miracle...I´m still posting hahaha -ok, I read it as I wrote it... so there must b mistakes there... the miracle´s not enough to make me edit lol I had troubles putting the tittle to this one but in the end the one above made me kinda laugh hahaha 
*****

“Fries?” Josh offered to Nichole. They were in the cafeteria line at lunch the next day of their outing. She grinned and shook her head.
“We ate fries last night”
“What about…?” a hand tapped at Josh´s shoulder “Aaron” his twin brother got in the line behind Josh, not recognizing the girl in front of his twin, she wasn´t looking anymore.
“Where did you go last night?” Aaron asked bluntly
“Nowhere”
“I called grandpa last night to ask for the driver… guess who took it?”
“Who?” Josh asked
“Next” said the cashier with a stern voice. The boys looked at her. Nichole was gone. Josh paid as he looked at the cafeteria doors; she was walking her particular walk through them.

“So, where did you go?” Aaron asked again once they sat
“Nowhere. I told you”
“Grandpa said you asked for the car”
“It was a school night, maybe he didn´t want you to go out”
“He would have said so. No Aaron, you go out too much, focus on your grades and in not getting expelled” the boy made an imitation of his grandpa’s voice. Josh laughed. “Where were you?” he asked yet another time.
“I told you nowhere”
“I went your room, your dorm supervisor told me you had permission to go out and you´re not telling me where so a certain girl must be involved” Aaron smirked
“Where did you want to go?”
“Ash and Jess invited us to a party, a college party”
“Karl Duchenne daughter´s asked you out, on a school night? I thought they weren´t allowed”
“Well, that´s why I wanted that car, their parents were busy with their little sister”
“You were going to help dad´s business partner´s daughters to sneak out? That´s stupid” Josh said, somewhat wincing inwardly, he´d done the same thing at the same time. “At least he doesn´t know I know his other daughter” Josh thought to himself.
“It´s not like they´ve never sneaked out”
“Aaron, be careful with those girls, or any girl, you know we can´t make our parents mad again…” somewhere inside him, Josh felt like a hypocrite, except that he was not going to a party.
“Do you know what can make them mad too?” Aaron asked
“What?” Josh inquired in a bored tone
“Their son getting in the girl´s dorm” green eyes similar to his bored into his eyes, Josh wanted to blink but he grinned instead
“Where do you get those ideas, Aaron?”
“You smell just like her”
“That’s ridiculous!” Josh combed his hair with his hand taking the chance to smell himself without being noticed.
“You just smelt you hand” Aaron smirked. Josh took a deep breath
“We often hold hands” he supplied, not wanting to reveal that but it was worse to admit Aaron was right. The twin widened his eyes and his eyebrows went up
“Regardless of that, you´ve used her shampoo” Aaron had a smug expression
“When have you smelt her hair?” Josh huffed
“Plenty of times”
“That´s creepy”
“Whatever…”
“Creepy” Josh said and his twin looked to a side and focused on his food.

“Are you dating her?” Aaron asked after a while
“No”
“Were you on a date with her last night?”
“No”
“You know I wouldn´t rat you out, right?”
“I know” Josh wouldn´t have had a problem telling he had spent the night at Nichole´s room but then he´d have to say the reason and of Nichole going out of school and that was not his secret to tell.

“Just tell me something” Aaron said and Josh lifted his eyebrows “you used her shampoo this morning” he tried to make it a question but he ended up stating it. Josh looked at his twin pondering and slowly nodded a couple of times. Aaron´s eyes widened.
“Josh…” the bell rang
“Time to go” Josh interrupted his twin as he stood up
“Don´t kiss and tell, huh?” Josh´s twin said walking next to him, Josh chuckled.
“You have a wild imagination”
“I’d tell you if it was me…”
“There´s nothing to tell”
“Except for the shampoo…” he elbowed his twin
“I´ll ask her some for you” Josh joked as they parted.

“Aaron thinks… we´re sleeping together” Josh to Nichole in the classroom as students were filling the place.
“He tends to have a bad timing… or rather a good one –she said not taking her eyes from the window- I guess he went to look for you”
“Apparently, I smell like you today” he whispered again, she turned to face him; she stared for a moment and then started to quietly laugh “Is that funny?”
“I thought no one would notice that” she had some humor in her voice “what did you say?”
“I confirmed… sort of, that it was your shampoo… just that” he furrowed his eyebrows. She chuckled this time. He couldn´t say anything else. The teacher demanded the class’ attention.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Aaron *hugs him* welcome back silly boy!
    I haven't heard from him in AGES and he comes back funnier than ever!
    He's so nosy but so cute while doing it. He reminds of a gossiper. Lol. He loves to know everything and that alone makes him funny cause he's such a people person the way he carries himself.

    I loved it all but my absolute favorite was the feeling vibrating off the first few lines. The talking about getting fries but having them so soon after having them. I thought that was a precious kind of joke or laugh between friends. So sweet to me

    Josh admitting they hold hands!!! *dies* >_< XD <3 LOVED that. Even if it was unintentional. Its a HUGE deal cause its Nic involved!! Sigh. Loved that

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I'm wondering what the image has to do with the post?! It's kinda driving me nuts! Lol

    ReplyDelete