Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Double Life: Truth in Lies


A/N: this one ugh!! the pix for this one has been the hardest one to find... 
and...
*gasps* Nichole´s been hiding things from me!! how could she?! 

one more thing, with this part, DL has 80 posts!! and over 200 pages wow me! haha
******

“Everybody that came in contact with you or your mother before you were born and before she passed away”
“Who are they?”
“We´re still researching”
“I don´t believe you”
“You´ve killed many…”
“But you”
“I was a nobody there, I can assure you I hadn´t much knowledge. I just had to take care of the baby… assist… but I told you that already…”
“Alright, what else you can tell me” the wind had started to blow harder “Talk!”
“You asked how your parents had paid for an expensive procedure as in vitro –the girl nodded- they… didn´t, well, they just had to donate…”

“I´m a grown up, talk”
“They have do donate …-the woman was trying to find the words- their cells for studies, for scientific research”
“I was part of the research” the girl realized and her eyes felt watery but she willed the tears back. Natasha nodded “Did they know?” the girl whispered
“No, they didn´t know, I doubt they would have agreed to it if they had known”
“So they just put me in my mother to see what happened?” the girl felt a rage starting to boil within her
“They were just trying to enhance certain characteristics…”
“But you didn´t know ‘cause you were just an assistant?”
“I only learned that as we started to research the people involved…”
“Why did they want a monster?”
“They didn´t”

“So I just… Ok –the girl, brushed her hair back- What did they want?”
“They wanted someone faster and stronger and more agile…”
“What happened?” the girl asked already guessing the answer
“When your mother passed away… they canceled the research, they burned and deleted all documents or most of them…”
“I´m an experiment gone wrong” the girl said it with a perfectly calmed voice, her eyes cold like glaziers

“Nichole…”
“No! Tell me who canceled the research? Tell me who made me this way! Tell me who played at being God with me!” her voice was still calm but there was an edge to it
“You´ve already taken care of the ones we know of”
“I doubt young men and house wives had anything to do with that”
“Some of them were the ones they loved, your father wanted to make them suffer before sending you to them”
“All the ones I´ve killed have been related… to… me like this?” she asked fearing the answer. A mute no was what she got. “Who?”
“We needed money to fund our own research”
“And to live well” she laughed humorlessly walking back closer to the thick stone wall “What else you had to tell me?”

“Nothing else… only that I got your ID”
“You´re lying again”
“I´m not!” the woman stood up and walked towards the girl
“Where´s the place in which they made me? The place where you worked?”
“I told you last time I was taken there and I never knew where it was… I haven´t found out yet”
“Fine… but next time you better tell me –she turned to look at the woman- and I also want all information on my father´s business associates”
“Why?” the woman took a step closer giving her an ID card
“It´s my business, I want to know”
The woman looked to a side and focused suddenly on something

“The boy” she said, Nichole followed her line of vision. Her drawing pad had fallen when she´d jumped off the wall, it was open in one of the portraits of Joshua that she´d done during the afternoon “He was here with you”
“I have portraits of you in that drawing pad too” the girl picked it up but a page fell, it was a pair of eyes colored green

“If you really care about the boy, you should get away from him”
“I don´t care in the least about him” the girl picked the page
“You should remember what happened to the last boy you kissed” the woman said in a motherly tone reminding Nichole of the third accident she had have.
“This boy is my art project and I could care less what happens to him… but if you ever mention that incident again I will hurt you” she said through clenched teeth
“I was just looking out for you since he didn´t listen to my warning I want you to be careful… you were pretty hurt that time… I don´t want you to go through that again…”
“Worrying about me doesn’t suit you, especially since it´s all faked, so limit yourself at bringing the information that I ask from you”

“Just be careful”
“Shut up and leave” the girl hopped on the wall again along with her drawing pad, she waited until Natasha was out her sight and hearing range and then she waited a little more feeling the imminent rain approaching the school grounds.  

Nichole would´ve stayed there but she didn´t want her drawings to get wet even if they had made Natasha aware of Josh’s presence. The girl jumped on the side of the school, grabbed her bag and ran to her room, the cold air messing her hair.

4 comments:

  1. You always do this to me! I make an assumption in my comments on the previous post and when the next one is posted (usually within the same day) It get shut down! LOL

    Nic killed her potential love interest?! Oh my gosh that is so sad but so very interesting! I'm all hyper over here. I wanna know about that. I've always wondered if there was someone brave enough to try to step into her circle besides Josh and Kate(please let me have that right). I want to know about him(or her) and about her old roommate! I want to see how Nic was with them when being solitary in a place with tons of people her age was still new! It's such an interesting concept and I have tons of different ideas of how she may have been. Sigh I'm excited by this obviously! A chance to learn more about Nic's life!

    Eek! Nat saw the drawing of Josh!!! I am so weary of her and that subject. But I know that she is too afraid of Nic to tell on him but I don't know if that will stop her from doing something about it herself or at least threaten him properly. Last time she only warned him but who knows if she sees him again where Nic is involved.
    But hey you know what would be a good excuse? That since their dads are friendly they are sometimes friendly , like for business. ;)

    hahahaha I always laugh at Nic bullying her. She talks/treats her like a baby.

    Okay so Nic was created by her parents DNA but her development was tampered with BEFORE they injected her egg into her mom for the usual baby growth? Is that right?
    This is an interesting topic. It kind of scientific mixed with fantasy and also slices of life ala The twins/school scenes :)

    Oh yeah and Nat is such a coward and a jerk. I should slap her. All she cares about is herself. I love that Nic said they all wanted to make money for themselves because it's most likely true and I certainly agree with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe sorry but this is how the story´s going ;)

      apparently she did. And I had never thought of it, not like this at least until yesterday that Nat said it, but it seems that there was someone brave enough and persistent enough to get to her. You got that one right, it was Kate.
      Oh my! a "her" geez why didn´t I think of a her for Nic?! that´d b so cool lol she´s the type of not caring about stuff like that but no, it was a he and well... idk when she might talk about it or when she´ll think of it -oh, wait, it might b sooner than what I´m expecting. I´d like to know and write more of Kate too and Kate and Jonah since they were siblings.

      That´s true, Nat is not someone to trust when it´s about Josh specially now and yeah, her watching the drawing was a big surprise to me!
      hahaha that´s a good idea except that Karl has never introduced Nic as his daughter or as anything to the twin´s parents or to them as he did w/her step-sisters and like Nic said on a prior post, she´s not to b known

      yeah, that´s true idk how Nat lets her -or do I? hahaha

      That's correct ;) -thx! I like sciency stuff but I have to do research the good thing of this being fantasy is that I can use fantasy where I don´t know what science does haha DL seems to b a genre of its own lol

      go ahead, Nic would thank you for that. I also agree w/that one.

      thx for reading!!
      and thx for commenting!!!

      Delete
  2. The ID is for her being "18" right?!

    Oh and reading this over - the picture makes me think of Karl and Miriam... Is that strange?! Lol. I basically know nothing of them both but looking at the image and thinking of how they may have been when they were trying to have Nic, I just see them. Weird....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, that was what it was

      I hadn´t thought of them and that picture but that´s so cool! yeah, it´s like them!!

      Delete