Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double Life: Hanging


A/N: ok, I decided to post it even if this one´s so far from being a decent chapter -w/e. I´ve been wanting the twins together w/Nic for a while, she´s finally  granted my wish. 
Oh, the tittle of this one makes me laugh, I hope you get it -if not... oh, well
This is in need for a lot, starting for proofread but also it needs a pix, I might look for one or maybe not -nowing my lazy disposition when it comes to editing this poor post will forever stay at the lowest of my already low standards in writing (not to mention the annoying author´s notes hahaha)
***

Joshua looked at a shadow passing in front of the high windows of the room. He quickly got out and ran upstairs to the roof two floors above. He opened the door of the roof but there was nothing there, he walked towards the fence and sighed looking up to the sky with his hands on the metal fence. He turned around and saw a girl observing him from the roof of the small cabin that covered the stairs.

“Nichole! I thought I saw you”
“You did?” she raised both her eyebrows
“Yeah… What are you doing here?”
“Sitting” her face was pretty much expressionless except for the amusement he saw in her eyes. He rolled her eyes
“I´ve never seen you around on the days we don´t have art club in the afternoons”
“And you notice that now?” she smirked
“No –he huffed- but there has never been the chance to bring it out” he confessed
“I go out” she winked
“How come no one notice you are so much outside school?”  he asked in a tone between surprised and annoyed. She chuckled.
“They don´t care about a cat but said cat is great at sneaking out”
“Are you not worried of getting caught?” he said and she smile softly, it has been a while since he had objected to not going by the rules when it came to her.
“No –she grinned- but, I leave with permission”
“You do?” he blinked
“Don´t look so surprised”
“I… I…”
“I go out to do something like what you do in here” she pointed to his karate uniform. Josh and his twin had always practiced it.
“You do karate? Why not join the club?”
“MMA –she said- and I couldn´t. I´m bad at sports” she quietly laughed. That was what everybody thought, she´d never participated and she was purposely slow in P.E.
“I noticed you don´t show your skills in P.E.”
“mmmh” she hummed

“Josh, what the heck? Why would you leave like that?” Aaron asked his twin who was looking ahead. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows and followed Josh´s line of vision “Oh… I see what happened…” he said raising one eyebrow.
“You guys shouldn´t have left your class” Nichole commented
“It was just a few minutes” Josh started, his twin huffed
“We were on free time to fight someone else” Aaron finished
“Oh. You lost your match then” she said walking closer to the edge of the cabin roof and sat there with her legs dangling
“This one lost since he left” Aaron pointed to his twin who had walked to where Nic was
“Coming down?” he asked the girl, she nodded “need help?” Josh offered, she looked towards Aaron and nodded once. She needed no help but she didn´t want Aaron to know that.
“How did you get there in the first place?” Aaron asked going to where she was as well.
“Easier to climb” she said
“Jump and I´ll catch you” Aaron said grinning
“Right… that´s not happening”
“Ok, ok… what about a rope? Could you climb down though it?”
“I guess…” she said unsure, Josh hid a smile, he knew just like her that she could

“Give me your belt, Josh” he said and tied both their belts then threw it to Nichole.

“Thank you, Josh and Aaron” she said once she was on the floor “though now… how will you get your belts back?” she´d tied it on the roof of the cabin
“I don´t mind my robe being open” Aaron grinned
“I don´t mind it either” she looked from his face to his chest and back to his face with a smirk which caused the boy to blink at her bluntness. His twin laughed.
“Wanna touch” Aaron regained his stance
“You´d die if I did that” she tilted her head and now he laughed “Besides, you´re sweat” she wrinkled her nose
“Josh, we need to finish that match” her words seemed to remind Aaron of that  “Nichole you´ll be the judge” he grinned at her
“Aaron, don´t make her do things…”
“It´s ok, I wouldn´t mind” she said surprising the twins who looked at her with equally big eyes, she shook her head and headed to the stairs with the boys behind.

Once they got to the karate room, the students were gone but the instructor allowed them to use the place. She watched them fight a couple of times, they were pretty even. They also seemed to enjoy what they were doing.

“Are you swimming tonight?” Aaron asked as he and Nichole were waiting for Josh, he´d been called by the instructor, they all guessed it was about him leaving earlier.
“What makes you think I´d tell you that?”
“I know you wouldn´t but based on your answer I can tell if you might or not”
“That eager you are of spending time with me?” Nichole raised both her eyebrows
“mmm –Aaron touched his chin with two of his fingers pretending to ponder about it –maybe” he end up saying. Nichole laughed quietly. He seemed to be taken aback
“What is it?” she inquired
“You´re laughing”
“People laugh”
“I had never seen you do it”
“You look too much like your brother today …but you´re identical twins after all” she rolled her eyes
“Does Josh make you laugh?”
“He´s funny”
“I thought you could tell us apart” Aaron said more to himself than to her
“I can. But I´ve lately seen his side that´s like you” she winked to a wide-eyed Aaron

“Did you get in trouble?” Nichole asked when Joshua joined them
“No, he just wanted to know what had happened and to make sure it didn´t happen again” his tone was annoyed
“Sorry” she offered brushing his hand
“Dinner?” Aaron asked not noticing the hands of the other two
“It´s still early” Josh said

“It will rain soon” Nichole commented as they got out of the building, it was foggy and windy outside.
“Dinner in your room” Aaron said to his twin
“I…” the boy seemed to fidget
“See you later, boys” Nichole started to walk away towards her room. Josh caught her hand, she turned and stared at their hands and then at the boy´s green eyes and a similar pair of eyes fixed on their hands.
“Won´t you have dinner?” the boy asked, now aware of her dislike of the cafeteria
“I will come down later” she responded, he narrowed his eyes a little buy she squeezed his hand once.
“See you tomorrow”
“You can join us” Aaron hurried to say, she rolled her eyes
“I think campus authorities would disagree with that”
“You´ve been in Josh´s room at least twice” Aaron said remembering the time he´d found her there and when they’d seen movies there.
“More reason to not risk it with a third time”
“For what I´ve seen of you, you don´t mind risks”
“Let her be, Aaron –Josh hushed his twin- besides my roommate might be there, we don´t want to cause Nic trouble” he finished; the girl smiled a small smile.
“You better hurry it´ll rain pretty soon” she waved to them and went away.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait to get to comment on what Nic said about touching Aaron's chest. It was SO perfect I can't even stand it. It was funny too. Even though she's wearing her gloves the comment of "killing" him with her touch was still true because if they were off her hands she would definitely kill him. Sigh I really really liked that line and how she was so cute with saying it while tilting her head. <3

    It's funny that no one said anything about poor Josh's chest. LOL He's not semi built like Aaron. That is so unfair but so hilarious too.

    She's so sweet and cute the way she always pays attention to the rain now that she knows he also hates this water from the sky as well. Makes me want to hug her. aww I'll just do it *hugs Nic*

    No wonder Josh was kicking butt like it was no big deal when those guys tried to rob them. He takes Karate. Another check on the list of hotness from Josh. It's so nice that finally the twins have an activity they do together besides partying and hanging out! I'm happy about that because I know they are close but this is the first thing that is like everyday twins who do the same things. ;) Adorable and they sparred together <3 Cute. I wonder who won more rounds while Nic was watching? My money is on Aaron since he cares more about impressing her.

    I missed them together. And it's the first together scene of the year!! Yay. Hoping for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Josh telling Aaron to leave Nic alone at the end. I like these types of moments with the twins. I really get the feeling that they are close even though they don't spend a lot of time together in the story, I get the sense that they do in the days where the reader doesn't get to see.

    ReplyDelete