Saturday, January 12, 2013

Double Life: Request


A/N: I don´t like this one´s tittle but I couldn´t find a better one... I couldn´t finda good pix either...
**
“Why did you do that to that man´s eyes?” Natasha asked Nichole, she had arrived to Nichole´s room as she was getting ready to go out.
“What are you doing here?” the girl asked buttoning her shirt
“I want to know”
“Why does it matter?”
“Why?! –the woman asked in a higher pitched voice- a crime scene had to be created only because you deciding you wanted the man to look blind! –she said sternly, Nichole shrugged- doing that means spending large amounts of money” Natasha finished and Nichole glared
“I make enough money for all of you, don´t come telling me that it means spending money when it´s not you the one doing the dirty work”
“I get to deal with you” she quipped
“And who asked you to be around me? Besides you get money every time you talk to me. How much will you make for this one, eh?” Nichole´s eyes bored into Natasha´s
“Baby, I´m sorry” the woman apologized with big watery eyes
“Stop!” Nichole hissed, Natasha looked like a scolded child

“You know I have to ask, you father often asks about the jobs you do, I´m sure he´ll ask this time”
“And why are you sure of that?”
“It was an easy job, the guy was in a bar, obviously drinking, he had no fighting skills worth noting… yet you didn´t just leave him there”
“I was going to slit his throat… that would´ve been a harder scene to make –she grinned- I settled for his eyes”
“What? Why?”
“You are getting sloppy or you didn´t tell me all the information you knew of him”
“Why? Did you found something out?” the older woman asked eagerly
“You don´t fool me, you know, I´ve known you for a long time…”
“Why would I send you knowing you´d get hurt? I would never do that”
“Right”
“Nichole, what happened?” the woman stood up and walked towards Nichole attempting to touch her shoulder, the girl moved away “Nic, talk to me”
“He got violent, pushed me against a wall and pressed himself against me” Nichole´s voice had not emotion, no anger, no frustration. Natasha gasped.
“How…? It was a crowded place, how could he do that?”
“It was dark too, the man was drunk, you´re smart enough to figure out the rest…”
“Are you ok? Did he hurt you?” Natasha asked with concern, the girl laughed.
“Are you suddenly worried about my well-being?”
“Of course, I am! I care about what happens to you!”
“I see… and since when that started?”
“You know I know you since you were born, I´ve always cared” Natasha tilted her head to a side
“Why?” Nichole´s voice was genuinely curious
“What do you mean why? I wasn´t a doctor yet but I got to take care of you, you were a cute baby, I care for you” she said aggravated. Nichole tilted her head in thought

“Where was the fertility clinic that my parents used? –Nichole asked and Natasha shifted somewhat- did you work there?” the girl continued ignoring the older woman´s subtle reaction
“I didn´t know they did that”
“As time goes by you become worse at lying…”
“I’m not lying!” the woman said defensively
“You are” the girl countered with a soft voice
“Why would I lie about that?!”
“That´s what I´m wondering”
“I´m not” Natasha turned over her finger one of her rings again, she did that when she lied
“I know you are… but I´ll humor you… -the girl smiled her rehearsed smile- because you are going to find where my parents go and how much they paid and the doctor or doctors who did the procedures and anything else you can find about that… It´ll be easy for you, because you already know”
“Nichole… -the woman sighed- I can´t go around asking questions, you know your dad pays me for very specific functions …and you can always go and ask him directly”
“You will do as I request”
“I can´t this time”
“If you didn´t feel like lying we wouldn´t have to do this…”
“I´m not lying and I can´t help you with that, you will have to ask your father”
“You do know that I can threat your life if you refuse to my request, right?”
“Come on, Nichole, not again, you´re not like that”
“I´ve killed many from a very young age, do you think I feel anything now? –the girl raised her eyebrows –I´m a monster and I don´t care” an evil grin had spread in Nic´s mouth
“You wouldn´t…”
“You could test me… besides I want to try and see if I can leave someone blind by touching their eyes… I´ve been thinking that a light touch would be enough… you know, my last experiment didn´t go well” she shrugged. Natasha shifted uncomfortable closer to her bag

“Why is it so important to you?”
“I want to know”
“But why now?”
“I´m an adult now, I can handle it and I´m ought to know where I come from” the girl laughed
“You´re not even 17 yet” Natasha rolled her eyes
“That´s not true, my cousin, Nichole Duchenne who was a year younger, would´ve been 16 if she hadn´t died in that car accident, my sweet uncle Karl took me as his child and now I just turned 18” Nichole told the story she´d been taught to say, the fake identity she´d taken once she started her way in training the monster she had within her. Natasha sighed
“Nichole, you know I know the truth, you took her identity but you are not her, you´ll be 17 in a few days”
“I´m legally 18, which is as good as it being true”
“Yeah… about that, we won´t be getting your ID until after this school year ends”
“I couldn´t care less”
“I thought you´d want to have it sooner”
“What I want is the information I asked, don´t you think I´ve forgotten about that”
“I told you I can´t help you with that”
“You know, Nat, I used the word request out of courtesy but this is something you have to do whether you want it or not”
“No”
“You don´t want to test my patience and tolerance”
“I will inform your father of your request”
“Do it and you´ll be either blind or dead” Nichole wondered if her words were real or if it was the monster talking or if she had completely been swallowed by it. In a second she felt like crying but her body was taken over by the monster, no physical manifestation of her feelings was seen through her body.
“I can always fight you… you are not immune”
“I thought we´ve made it clear that it´s not on your best interest to threaten me… You might injure me but I will kill you” she said with a serene voice

“I see that you´re very willing to hurt me despite how much you say you care about me” Nichole broke the tense silence that had fallen between them
“I wouldn´t hurt you but you force me to consider it if I have to defend my life”
“All you have to do to avoid that is give me what I ask”
“You´re just like a child, trying to force me to give you what you want”
“I deserve what I ask you”
The woman opened her mouth with the intention of contradict the girl but no words came out of her mouth.
Nichole glanced at her wrist watch “You made me lose training” she commented. The woman quickly looked at her watch too
“I had to know your motives”
“Now you know”
“I want to examine you…”
“He didn´t wound me” They were talking about Nic´s last victim
“That doesn´t me you are not hurt”
“Just a bruising” the girl admitted
“Let me see”
“No need”
“Let me do my job”
“I will show you if you tell me when you first met me”
Nat furrowed her eyebrows “Why? You know that already”
“Maybe I´m nostalgic” the girl said in a small voice, the woman stared at her for a moment

“Alright, I first met you when you were very small, your mother was so happy with that small bump that you were and your father was overly protective of you both…”
“You were the doctor´s assistant” Nichole interrupted telling a piece of information that Natasha had let slip when she was hurt back when she was training with Tilly. Nat gasped. “Yes, I still remember your words” the girls said guessing Nat´s question
“How? You were just a little girl and barely awake”
“I paid attention. You were the doctor´s assistant, meaning you either worked at the clinic or at least knew of it”
“I don´t”
“Oh, please, you can´t deny it now” Nichole smirked. Natasha closed her eyes and took a deep breath as if preparing for something hard.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Nat is out matched here. She should stop the lies and just offer some slight truth. At least to tide Nic over so she can hurry and leave.
    When will she learn...? Never apparently. Nic will keep threatening her if she doesn't give her something to work with.

    I'm wondering if you noticed that every time I think it was suppose to say "blind" it says "bling"? Was that a form of autocorrect gone wrong. I know when I type on my phone I always have misused words like that... -_-

    So Nic's cousin would have been 18 but in reality Nic is only 16? Aw. So that means she's older than Josh but not older than him...?

    Nic is not having it anymore. And I like that she said she was old enough to start asking questions. It's a really good excuse to why she's suddenly curious. I don't know why they would think she wouldn't start asking questions eventually. She's super smart and capable. They continuously underestimate her and now Nat has to pay the price. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as time went by Nic got to know her as she became better at hiding herself to others.
      Exactly! that´s how it is.

      0_0 that´s awful. I´m going to fix that right now.

      Yup, her cousin was older but now since she took her identity she´s that age but not really as you said, she is and she isn´t, weird, huh?

      B/c they always thought she was going to be scared and the same little girl who did as she was told. Yeah, she´s underestimated yet they know very well what she's capable of doing, it´s pretty contradicting.

      Delete
    2. mmhmm Nic just watched and learned and since Nat's the one she always interacts with it stands that she would learn what makes her tick!

      alright

      I get.... now! I didn't at first because I forgot about going by the cousins age. I stupidly kept thinking of Nic as the only life being lived. Doy...

      I think they may have thought because she thinks of herself as bad and a monster and that she's such a loner that she wouldn't care enough of that kind of thing. That she would just continue to spiral into darkness which is ultimately loneliness. But they need to give Mii more credit(I say her only because they don't know about Josh too)

      Delete