Monday, January 7, 2013

Double Life: Murky Eyes




The black car was waiting in the usual place. Nichole got in, not caring to remove the raincoat. The car took her to town, the town close to Burgeoys. They drove to the only opened place, far from the ones she´d visited. It was some kind of bar and restaurant, men and women were outside. The girl went in handing a high denomination bill. The girl walked to the bar and sat at one of the tall chairs, she sat turned to a side. Less than ten minutes later someone approached her.

“Hello, are you by yourself?” a young man asked. She glared.
“I´d like to keep it that way”
Similar exchanges were made a couple of more times
“I know you” a man in his late twenties said to her
“Is that your best line?” she raised an eyebrow, the monster started to creep out of her. The man laughed
“You undressed in my car tonight” he said mischievously
“I doubt that… why would I even do that?”
“You were putting a show for your little boyfriend” he said with disdain
“It was very inconvenient that you were there…” she said as if remembering
“I wanted to be in the show” the man leaned closer to her
“It was a private one… for him only” she smiled her rehearsed smile
“Only the Arlington boy gets that special treatment?”
“That´s how it is”
“Yet he lets you be alone here…”
“He’s asleep now. I was bored…”
“I heard today was your birthday”
“Yeah, that´s why we went out…” she smiled a small smile
“Today´s my birthday too and no one gave me a present, I even had to drive precious Arlington boy around”
“You sound like a jealous brother. They must pay you well for their little trips”
“Your boy is the prince and I am a mere peasant” he spat
“Yeah, he does look like a prince with those amazing green eyes and that sexy stance” she touched the tip of her nose with her index finger. “Why would Josh think of that” she thought. The man huffed.

“Do you know that all the Arlington´s have green eyes?”
“Do you know them all?” the monster inside her settled down for a bit, deciding to stalk the man instead of doing what it was planning to do right away.
“You said the private show was reserved for the boy…”
“For the Arlington´s, yeah” she took the hint and grinned
“Both twins?” he laughed a breathy laugh
“What can I say? I love those eyes” she shrugged, feeling sick for what the monster was implying
“Does precious little Joshua shares you?”
“He doesn´t own me” she smirked
“What if I had those eyes?” he raised his eyebrows as he took he hand and kissed over her gloves. She smiled with the side of her mouth
“Sadly… you don´t…” she sighed. He let go of her hand and bent down a little, taking his hands to his eyes. He sat straight taking a small box from his jacket, he looked up at her with a pair of eyes she´d seen before in the twin´s father. She gasped but the monster was in control making the girl cup the man´s face in her hands.

“Amazing –she whispered as the man smirked- you´re one of them… -she stated and the man huffed- and you made me think you were just a peasant…”
“To them I am”
“You´re one of the princes” she stared deeply into his eyes
“I´m his mistake”
“You’re the twin´s brother?”
“No… I´d be their uncle”
“They don´t know…?” she asked knowing the answer, Josh had been too cold for him to know that the man belonged to his family. The man shook his head “We should tell them” she said
“My father –he said angrily- wouldn´t want his mistake to ruin their happy family… the boys to have it all”

“You deserve some too”
“I´m loaded with money so that I shut up, so that I wear this stupid contacts” in the course of their conversation the man had drank a little too many glasses of different liquors
“You deserve more… I deserve more” she faked feeling shy, the man smirked
“I´ve been wondering how to wreck my old man´s little boys… I almost did it tonight…”
“Won´t the man blame you if something happens to them while they´re with you?”
“I need a way for him to not know it was me. That stupid school of them has too many guards”
“It does”
“Will you run to the little dipshit to tell him about me?” he grabbed her wrists. She smiled. He narrowed her eyes. She shook her head “I should give you a birthday present” he stood up and made her stand; he took her by her wrist towards the back of the place.
“I’ll give you a present too” the monster said loudly above the booming music. The back side of the place was empty.
“Now…” he said pushing her to the wall
“Back inside, you kissed my hand, why are you being so rude?” she pouted
“The whore wants me to treat her nicely” he grabbed her neck and pushed her shoulders with the other arm, pressing herself against her on her left side. She managed to bend her leg up and reached for her dagger.

“If you don´t let me go, I´ll slit your throat” she had the knife on his neck. He let go slowly.
“Now, now… don´t get mad, honey…” he reached for her hand. She moved the knife ready to attack. “I´ll kiss your hand as you wanted –he smile and he had a similar smile than the twins, it was sickening- I promise I´ll behave”
“I´ll stab you if you don´t”
“Feisty, huh?” he chuckled; she put the knife away and took off both her gloves and placed them inside the pockets of her raincoat. She extended her hand and put it close to his lips; he took her hand and kissed it.

“Good bye” said Nichole as she felt the first hard pain chest, just like he did, he let go but she took hold of his hand. He fell as if his heart was being squeezed and so did she. He moaned in pain as she glared. “Your nephews had done nothing to you and you were planning to hurt them…”
The man took his other hand to his chest as his knees gave in to gravity
“You´re despicable” were the last words he heard before his eyes were a murky green; she bent down and touched his irises with her index finger and thumb. They became pale, the gray color that blind people have. She walked away as she wore her leather gloves back.

"Go clean" the monster said into the receiver and hung up as questions started.

4 comments:

  1. Was her assignment to kill the driver?!
    I've never known her to kill without reason... -_-

    That was so cute(strange choice of words) the conversation about her "entertaining" Josh in the car. I was laughing the whole time. Josh wishes he got a peak at the gorgeous Nic getting dress. LOL

    But she's right. They are a hot family indeed. Well the sons. But if papa Arlington is anything like his youngsters than WOO-WEE! <3
    Okay let me stop drooling over the hot family ahahaha

    The atmosphere was so sensual in this one. I think that's the right word but it was also kinda fun and flirty. I always like to see Nic transform with every outing. She's a real chameleon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you think?
      yeah... but he saw her and saw them together and he knew the little sister´s school, she´s never done that before but... we´ll see. Maybe she thought he could b dangerous or maybe he was her mission...

      That was cute? hahaha do you think he wants that? hahaha

      ooooohh yup, yup they´re hotties :p

      yeah, great! I´m glad you saw that! I wanted to show that. Yup, yup, yup a chameleon, that's a good way to name her

      Delete
  2. I forgot to say how that image scares me to death up there! *shivers* creepy creepy creepy!!
    And her doing that was like who she really didn't want that dirtbag sharing something so beautiful with Josh (again my thoughts and I'm sticking to it! LOL :-P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That´s actually a good thing. I wanted it to be scary/creepy, it suit the story, this part.

      ;) I love that you think that way. I like it and -kind of a spoiler: she did it for the reason you´re thinking, she didn´t want that

      Delete