Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Double Life: Pinky Promise



A/N: Don´t you love double posts?? I adore them and oh! miracle!! I´m double posting the first day of 2013! 
***


Exactly fifteen minutes later Joshua was entering the small restaurant, she was sat on the same table as last time, once she saw him she got up grabbed, her messenger bag and walked to him, they met halfway. She was wearing her usual black jeans and dark shirt with a grey tank-top and boots. Josh felt he was too dressy with his black slacks and dark blue button down shirt.

 She got in the SUV quickly after he opened the door; she gave him a half smile with an eyebrow arched.  Once inside, she gave the driver the address.

After about half hour she leaned to Josh’s ear and whispered “is your driver trustworthy?” The boy opened his mouth but wasn´t sure how to respond, he was confident the guy wouldn´t say a thing about what they were doing, he´d done that much for his brother but it was Nichole, so he didn´t know what she really meant, she didn´t seem to trust a single soul.

“You see -she continued when he didn´t answer- this is not the attire I´ll b wearing for my little sister’s very expensive ballet school… I doubt they´d let me in like this so I´m going to change here.”
 Josh gasped, she chuckled “he´s not trustworthy” he whispered, “not for that” he added. She smiled to conceal a laugh.

“Ok, great to know, now you´ll be a gentleman and will stand in front of the rear mirror in the next turn since from there it´s only straight row –she was still leaned close to him speaking  almost in a whisper for only josh to hear- he seems to  like to watch thought it a lot, to us, so … this will look strange but I really could care less, so when I tell you will cover the mirror to protect my virtue” she laughed quietly at her last words, she´d changed her clothes in the car with drivers  a lot of times but for the look on Josh’s face he had never seen a girl changing her clothes like that. She started to untie the laces of her shoes

“Why didn´t you change in the restaurant?” he leaned closer to her 
She didn´t answer but took off her shoes, her shirt, leaving only her top, and her socks and then the car turned.  She nodded and then she touched Josh’s hand since he was busy looking ahead, she found him amusing. After about ten minutes she touched his back and first he peeked, she chuckled, he sat back in his place

“I need your help” she said in a tone above a whisper, he got closer “this has never happened before… I´ve been fumbling with this stupid zipper for five minutes but it seems it´s stuck...” she turned her back to him, it was halfway up, he had to pull it down a little to make it go up, his hands were cold.

“Thank you” she faced him and then took a pair of black satin high heels with a black rose on the front out of her bag “Natasha would kill me if she knew I folded this dress like I did.” She commented to more to herself than to Josh. He looked at her black strapless,  knee-length chiffon dress, it was fitted on her chest and the rest flowed down, it had tiny beads on the chest area with patterns that he didn´t want to discover, “it´d look like staring” he thought to himself

“Like what you see?” she asked with an amused toned, “you look very nice too”, she smiled and moved to the farther side of the car closer to the door, he was going to ask about that but then she started to remove her gloves, her right hand first then she slip in a silk black glove then she did the same with the other, she tossed the old ones in her bag, finally she bent and took something from her boot. Josh noticed it was the dagger he’d seen the other day 
“Look away, boy” there was a laugh in her tone as she slip it inside her dress skirt on her right side  “You carry that… there” he asked surprised
“Bad boy, you didn´t look away” she said pretending to be mad
“I didn´t mean to…”
“Right” she interrupted
“No, I….”
She laughed “this is why I couldn´t do this back at the restaurant” she got closer to him “I can’t afford to be noticed” she whispered to his ear
“I think that you fail in that…” he stated, she stared at him for a moment. He was silent for a long while after that.

“wow! look what a look at a girl´s thigh do to you” she teased
“Nichole… that is not true at all”
She stared at him and started to laugh causing him to laugh too.
The rest of the ride they talked a little and then fell into comfortable silence and then they talked a little more, most of their talk was made in whispers so her head ended up being on his shoulder.

“I can leave this here, right?” Nichole asked about her bag when they arrived
“Yeah –he said to her- I´ll call you when we leave” Josh instructed the driver, the man nodded as they got off. As she had said, they arrived late, there was no one in the tickets booth but them and the ones taking the tickets, she handed both tickets and started to walk to the doors of the auditorium but instead of getting in she turned to the left
“Where are we going?” Josh asked as they went through an exit door, before exiting she dropped a pen she´d taken with her so that the door wouldn´t completely close. They were out the place again

“I want to see my sister first” they turned behind the building until they found another door she pulled it and it opened
“How did you know it was going to be open? Josh asked
“My psychic powers told me it would be” she chuckled. She was very smiley, Josh noted but she had gotten the same way the other times when she talked or was with her sister. “It´s  the presentation today, it´s always open in presentation days”
“How did you know?”
“I once had a presentation here”
“You do ballet?”
“No, I was four and father wanted me to do it. I panicked the day of the presentation and the teacher took me out here for me to calm down. I quit it after that” she shook her head “all I had to do was to be the rabbit… that day ended a possible amazing career as an actress or ballerina” he chuckled this time.

They went backstage to the changing rooms where the kids were, there was only a teacher in the changing room where Camille was, she had not seen them, they were still in the dark area. Nichole whistle one particular whistling and Camille started to look around, she whistled again and this time the little girl seemed to try to follow the sound, she whistled one more time and the little girl seemed to tell something to her teacher and then when the teacher said something she shook her head, she walked the opposite direction from where Josh and Nichole were, when the teacher look away busy with other girls, Camille turned to the other side and went behind  some clothes and props the little girls walked to where the whistling had been made but stopped halfway, Nic whistled one more time and this time the little girl smiled and ran to where the sound was.

“Nic!” Camille hugged her sister “you came!” her little voice was exited
“I wouldn’t miss this for anything” the little girl seemed to notice Josh “do you remember Joshua, Camille? Nic motioned to him
“Hello, Joshua” the little girl said in a way so similar to Nichole that he was sure in a few years the girl would sound like her older sister. He smiled
“Hello” he he handed her a rose “I know your presentation´s not done yet but I’m sure you´ll be amazing” Josh smiled as the little girl took the rose and smiled a bright smile
“Thank you, Joshua”
 “You’re welcome” he said, Nichole was smiling
“You look so beautiful, baby” she complimented her sister
“You too, Nic, I had never seen you in a dress” Nic seemed somehow bashful
“Yes you have, you just don’t remember Mii” she pouted and bent over she had been carrying a black bag. “I brought you something… Are these old she pointed to the girl’s ballet shoes?”
“Nope, they’re new. This is the first time I’ll use them”
“Good –Nichole took out of her bag another pair of ballet shoes- would you mind wearing this pair?” the little girl immediately sat on the floor and started to untie  the ribbons of her shoes

“These are a shade darker than these ones –Nic pointed to the pair her little sister had been wearing before- but not enough for people to notice it, ok?”
The little girl changed shoes with the help of Nichole, they seemed so happy even doing those menial thing
“Thank you, Nic and thank you for coming to see me” the little girl said with a smile  “you too” she said to josh “thank you for coming to see me”
“You’re welcome” said Josh
“Now, baby, your time to go out is almost here. I have to go now”
“Are you saying good bye?” the little girl seemed about to cry
“Please, baby don’t cry. I didn´t come all the way here to make you cry”  the little girl seemed to stop
“Won’t I see you at the end for you to tell me how I did it?”
“I’m sorry baby but father doesn’t know I’m here and you know how mad he gets when he doesn’t know I’ve come to places …” the girl nodded seeming sad
“But that´s why Josh gave you the rose now and as he said I know you’ll do amazing out there. I’m here just for you, ok?” the little girl nodded “now I need you to promise me to not tell anybody that you saw me or Josh tonight, ok? I don’t want to cause troubles to father or your mom and sisters, ok?”
“They’re not even here!” the girl pouted
“Who? Father?”
“No! he is here and mom –Camille said as if that was obvious- but  Ash and Jess… they said this was too boring for them to come… they said all I had to do was turn around and that was not ballet” her voice was hurt. Nichole frowned.
“They don’t know better, baby, they´re just jealous of you”
“That said mom too”
“Well, listen to your mom in this. So…this is our secret” Nichole said, her sister held out her pinky finger, Nichole smiled “Ok- pinky promise they said- please, don’t try to see me in the crow, ok? I’ll leave as soon as you finish your part, ok?
“yes” the little girl said “but, hey, we have to promise with Joshua too”
“Ok, baby” Nichole chuckled
Camille and Joshua did the same “Now you too” Camille said, making them do the same
“See you baby” the sisters hugged
“No! Tell me to break a leg for luck” the little girl demanded
“You don’t need luck Mii, you’re that good” Nic winked, the little girl giggled “Bye” she said again “love you always Mii”
“Love you always, Nic”
“Bye” said josh and the little girl gave him a hug too
“Thanks for the flower”

1 comment:

  1. The cutest thing ever!
    The sweetest most adorable thing in the whole thing was when Mii, with no questions asked, sat down and undid her laces to change shoes. That made my entire heart melt! So freakin' precious <3

    I just wanted to carry them both away and give them love in this one. They are so good together as sisters. They love each other so much. I want them to have more time together and talk on the phone. :( Those poor cuties. But I love how they make the most of those tiny moments they get together. It's like they are conditioned to be aware of the time constraints and they make due with it. It's such a beautiful thing but than it gets seriously sad when they have to part.

    I would have loved to have seen those pinkie promises. So cute. And Josh/Nic doing it too is just exploding with awesome!!!

    That limo drive was just too funny. Josh not trying to stare at the detail on Nic's dress was so funny. And what he was thinking was too funny that whole scene with the dressing was just great. It was nice that Nic got to be a normal girl and be smiling and flirting and just being slightly optimistic. She is so cute when it comes to her sister. She just shines and sparkles and it's something she isn't even aware of so just walks around happy and can't stop it because she doesn't know.

    To sum this post up. It was PRECIOUS and FUNNY

    ReplyDelete