Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Double Life: The Truth in Lies I



A/N: this was like 6 pages long which is why I decided to make it in two parts and also I´m doing it b/c this half seems to b good like this and the other goes will like that but then it´s all one whole scene, just a long one. 
Ah! also, this one -the whole thing comes w/a song!! As I wrote the tittle I remember of this song and then when I went to listen to it, it fit Nat/Nic´s relationship -kinda
so, it´ll b here too

****

“You came to meet me!” a cheerful voice said on the other side of the stone wall. The girl didn´t bother to even look down.

“Give me a hand” the woman reached up. Nichole glanced her way “Come on! Help me, I’ve been walking for a while in that muddy forest” the woman wrinkled her nose
“Next time enter through the main gates in a car if you want to avoid the bother of walking”
“You sound especially angry today –Natasha climbed the wall and sat with her legs dangling- I thought you´d be glad to see me”
“And why would you make me glad? Quite the opposite, you are annoying as hell”
“What a humor! Maybe I should just go!” the woman pouted
“Be my guest” the girl didn´t look at her but kept her eyes at her drawing pad
“Aw you hurt me… and I think you´d like to know that I´ve successfully managed to dig more information related to your birth” the woman grinned
“You´re such a liar. You could have just told me what you´re about to tell me now instead of making me see your face one more time”

“Why are you so mean to me, Nickie?” the woman had a wicked grin as she said this. The girl extended her bent leg quickly hitting Natasha hard on the hip making her lose balance and fall to the ground, on the forest side. The woman fell on her feet, her legs bent to absorb the impact, her hands touched the ground, she looked up at Nichole glaring “What´s wrong with you?” she hissed “Are you really the monster we send every night to get people´s lives?!”

“You said so yourself, I´m a monster. I care for nothing…”
“But you´ve never been like this with me, lately, you´ve gone … -the woman sighed- you could’ve hurt me”
“What do you think was the idea?”
“Why would you want to hurt me?”
“Why would you bring a gun with you to come see me? –the girl nodded to the silver gun shining on the ground- how would you explain to Karl that you´ve destroyed his money-making monster, slash, daughter?”
“It´s for protection”
“From?”
“You´ve gotten strange lately”
“So you would use it to hurt me… I wonder what Karl would say or do?” the girl smirked
“I´m a doctor, I´d hit you where it wouldn´t kill you. I might even give you a lovely scar” the woman bent quickly to take the gun.


“It´s nice to meet you, Natasha” the girl was fast and had pulled the woman´s hair back causing her to expose her neck, a knife was less than a centimeter close to her exposed skin “I had good trainers, you know –the monster had taken over, it was whispering into Natasha´s ear, the woman tried to move her head away- and Tilly made a fine monster –there was a smile on the girls voice- but even her was gone by my hands…”

“Let me go, Nichole!” the woman said firmly but nervousness was licking through her tone
“You helped me feel no remorse… I wouldn´t feel a thing by making you go…”
“Don´t blame me! I didn´t make you this way. It´s not me you should blame. I just was there”
“Then who I blame? Eh? You seem pretty guilty to me”
“Blame Karl! Blame Miriam!”
“My mother had nothing to do with this” the girl hissed and pushed the woman away from her making her stumble
“She´s not guilty and I am?”
“I never saw you do a thing when you were stitching me up and bandaging me after getting beaten up…”
“It was my job” the woman said with short breath slightly looking to a side
“It was your job to make me better so that I could go and get beaten again? You’re a worse monster than me. I was a child, how could you?”
“I had to do it!” tears started to stream down the woman´s eyes
“You had to let a child be abused like that… Don´t you have a soul?”
“I was first on your father´s list!” the woman said sobbing
“What list?”

“I told you last time I was just an assistant at the place your parents went to help your mother get pregnant… in your father´s eyes everyone involved was guilty. I had to help him take care of you or he was going to make you… touch me” the woman fell to her knees and then sat on her side. The girl walked closer to her
“And what´s going to stop me now?” the girl said with a smirk. The woman reached for her gun, still on the ground, the girl laughed.

“Are you really going to shoot me? I doubt you have Tilly´s ability –the girl tilted her head- or who knows… maybe she went to you to know which place to put the bullet for me not to die… only to leave me with… what was it? –she pretended to have forgotten- ah, yeah, a lovely scar. Did you tell her where to aim so that she didn´t kill me? Awww stop crying –the girl cooed- you can shoot me, go on, I can take it after all I had to learn to stand the pain but …you, on the other hand, have no idea how it feels to be shot” she grinned as if what she had just said was pleasant
“I never meant to hurt you”
“But you enable others to hurt me…”
“If I didn´t I was going to be killed…”
“What makes you now? You’re not only the nurse that welcomes my parents anymore. You don´t have to stitch me up after one of Tilly´s new ideas of training…”
“Your father knows bad people” the woman´s voice seemed to falter

“But I´m the epitome of any of his monsters”
“I can´t leave you” the words were barely audible
“And why is that?”
“I know that you don´t believe me but I do care about you. I was there when you were born; I was there even before that. I held you close to me when you cried, I cried when… when you lost your mom…”
“So you know me well?”
“Yeah… and this is not like you”
“You’ve been there for me?”
“I have”
“Who was on the list?”
“Nichole…”
“You´ve tangled yourself in your lies, now talk”

2 comments:

  1. Geez Louise! Nic is a Wild thing! She must be really mad that Nat came and reminded her that she doesn't know much about her life! Or she's taking out being mad that Josh touched her out on Nat. I never found out if she was mad about that or not.

    That sumo move she did on Nat was wow! She is a dangerous little thing. So light yet so deadly. But I guess that's the misconception she wants to project to all of her enemies. I would cool it if I was Aaron. She could snap him like a twig!

    That picture is so awesome! The lies on the lips is so like Nat. She's such a self serving weasel. All she cares about is herself. What a jerk! How can she just watch that baby grow into a killer?! She has no soul! Just like her parents.
    Which by the way I actually agree with Nat on, I don't really trust Nic's mom that much because I don't know a thing about her. So I don't trust that and Nat knew her more than Nic who is looking at her mom with the eyes of someone who accidentally killed her instead of objectively. But than that's what I like about her. She's so mature all the time when you look at her in situations like this one, I see the effects of being cutoff from other people her age and people in general.

    That song. I loved it. I played it during the reading and when you get to the part when Nic brought Nat to her knees and then when she put the knife to her neck the beat goes REALLY well with those scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be both. I think she liked her Josh time that Nat interrupted so there´s that too and ofc she hates the lies and not knowing of who she is or where she came from.

    You got that right, all of what you said is true ;)

    woohoo! I´m glad you liked it! I think it was so like this post
    I love that you don´t trust her mother, it´s a good thing haha Thx for saying that of Nic, and I agree she´s pretty mature too bad she had to grow the hard way and I also agree w/her not being objective ´bout her mom

    :D it´s one of my fav! really? I need to listen to that (since that was a total coincidence)

    thx for reading and commenting -the muses and I appreciate it a lot ^^

    ReplyDelete