Thursday, January 3, 2013

Double Life: Sneaking In



A/N: As promised, here it is
*** 

They ate in the car on their way back, but before that, she went back to her jeans, shirt and boots. Though Josh insisted it was dangerous to leave her in town, being it almost midnight, she laughed and made sure to be left there by telling him she´d jump out of the moving car if he didn´t listen. The face he made at the threat made her laugh some more.
“You won´t….?” he said as she got out of the car
“I want to know what you´ll do as your impression of me” she smiled with the side of her mouth

She jumped Burgeoys wall about an hour later. “What are you doing here?!” she asked half surprised half mad at the person standing there with an umbrella “I told you I was coming back today, Josh”
“It´s raining” he stated the obvious
“And you knew I was going to be drenched anyways. I like rain. You shouldn´t have come, I know you don’t like rain”
“It´s not like that” he said above a whisper
“It´s ok, I told you I don´t mind –she didn´t stand under the umbrella- now, let´s go” she started to walk but turned when he didn´t “Josh”
“When I woke up, it rained, every night –he was telling her of his accident- it sounded so much like when I was fighting in the pool, water everywhere. It reminds me too much to the sounds. I’m not supposed to remember that, but I do”

She walked back to him, lifted her hand and seemed to be about to touch his cheek but she didn´t “I won´t let you drown” she said above the sound of the rain and that seemed to snap him out of his reverie. He opened his mouth to talk “let´s go” she interrupted.

“You´ll be in trouble… your dorm supervisor must know you’re not there” she said once they started to walk and after she´d refused to use the umbrella.
“I entered, he saw me… he didn´t see me come out again”
“Josh! Oh my God! I turned you into a bad boy! –she faked a gasp- are you sure he didn´t see you?”
“Yeah”
“Ok, that´s good, makes things easier, we´re closer to my room so you´ll be staying with me tonight”

They entered through the emergency exit. They were on the first flight of stairs when she took the umbrella from him and opened it
“Cover, someone´s coming” she gave it back to him

“Nichole!” half minute later a girl said with surprise and panic in her voice
“Lex” she greeted as if she hadn´t gotten caught and was just in a classroom
“I …this…” the other girl struggled with her words
“I'm in my room sleeping. I never saw you” she said. Josh heard Lex let out a breath, relieved.
“I´ll keep your secret too” Lex said and she turned to leave.

“It´s pouring outside” Nichole told her after she´d gone down a few steps and she and Josh up a few.
“He´s got to go because of my roommate…”
“Isn´t your roommate your cousin…?”
“Yeah…but you know how Michelle is…”
“Hey… who…?” Lex started to ask
“I´m sleeping, remember?” Nic interrupted. Josh heard a smirk in her voice and the other girl chuckled.

Josh and Nichole went up the rest of the stairs quickly, she made him go in her room, and then she ran to the bathroom and came back with two towels and left. Five minutes later she came back.

“I couldn´t leave mud prints and a water trail…” she explained going to her closet “you´ll have to do with the sweater you used last time… you´re kind of lucky that I hate small pajamas… you´ll look hilarious though… -she gave him some clothes- you take the bathroom, there´s the drier to dry your hair and whatever –she shook her head- I´ll change here” she took the umbrella from Josh. He was too quiet for her liking. The rain had gotten stronger.

“Can I come out?” Nichole heard Josh´s voice through the bathroom door
“Yeah”

“You look sexy” she teased him once he got out
“Shut up” he growled, she laughed, he got into the extra bed “I hope my roommate won´t tell I never went back”
“I doubt he would”
“Yeah, I guess …he hasn´t said a thing so far”
“He can´t say a thing if he´s not there” she said and he furrowed his eyebrows “if Lex listened to me, he´s in this building now” she turned off the lights
“Really? Lex with a freshman?”
Nichole laughed “what´s so bad about that? Besides, what if it´s not like that?”
“I doubt they´re like you and I”
“You never know”
“You never know…” he repeated

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha Nic implying something something was going on between Lex and Josh's roommate than turning off the light was a hoot! Lol That was so funny. She reminded me of a normal kid right there :)

    AWWWWW *pounds fist on keyboard* Josh is so cute! I swear I wanna scream sometimes!! Him greeting her at the wall even though he hates the rain was too perfect and gentleman-like! That boy just knows how to make a girl swoon. Cutie pie!
    And not touching his cheek was one of those moments that you can vividly imagine while reading along with it. I can imagine her reflexes stopping her from touching him. Rather than her actual thoughts. <3

    Him hiding behind the umbrella was also funny. This one was the just a funny one period. Not a lot of seriousness but the serious stuff was in the undertone and I liked that. It wasn't in your face but subtle which made it so pretty.

    Josh's roommate though. Bad bad bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete