Monday, January 14, 2013

Watching Carmen: The sixth look

as almost always, I don´t own this image but this baby is just like imagine baby Daniel to be ^^



“Are you serious?-I hissed, a change in my almost always playful disposition- you make her fall asleep here?!” I looked intently to Navitas
“You wouldn´t shut up. Leave Carmen alone” he said somber
“I haven´t been denied the permission for her to see me” I smirked
“I’m her guardian angel. I’m telling you to get away from her!” he was angry again and he was right, he was denying me permission to let her see me, that should be enough for me to stop it yet I decided not to listen to him, I´m like the wind after all.
“Are you leaving her here?” I raised my eyebrows “You should transform and help me get her home”
“I´m not letting people see me!” he said scandalized. I made my clothes more appropriate for this time and age, the robe and sandals became jeans, shirt and shoes.

I took Carmen´s keys from one of her jacket´s pockets and then carried her “as you wish –I smiled- take me to her home then” He had no other choice but to let me in her house, something that he was very reluctant to do but he was conflicted between what he didn´t want and her best interest. I brushed Carmen’s bangs out of her forehead. Navitas huffed and motioned for me to follow him.

I laid her on her bed and observed her for a minute before feeling Navitas getting increasingly angry, it only made me laugh. I turned air and went away through the open window but before I caressed Carmen’s cheeks in my wind form, she moved to a side, slipping her hands under her head. Navitas covered her with the comforter.

I like air. It´s everywhere and though it´s invisible its influence is seen everywhere, it´s like it has a personality of its own, sometimes peaceful and soft, sometimes angry and hard. Of all the things that I could become, I preferred air; there is so much to discover thought it. As I was enjoying of the nocturnal air I focused on the baby, he´d grown to be a chubby baby, he´d often smile to all the family parade that came and went in his house, he was much loved. At night though when he was alone on his crib, he felt scared and it was all so big and unknown. I smiled for him and sang to him, he´d smile and make small sounds and I wrapped myself as a blanket, letting him know that he was safe and he felt it and he dreamed of all the unknown, new things and color that his eyes saw. It was so peaceful.

Baby Daniel, in his short and innocent age, also dreamed of me. I was always in the background of his dream, just like he saw me during the day, always behind his parents but he also had dreams of me when I played with him when he was alone. I watched over his sleep in the quietness of his room.


Daniel was an early riser, the sun light barely touched his window and he opened his little almond shaped and colored eyes, he blinked a few times and graced me with a smile. I talked to him as I caressed the soft hair on his head; he made a sound as he laughed. He looked around and made more sounds calling for his mother but both his parents were sound asleep, they had spent most of the night in conversation.

The baby talked to me, asking me if I knew of his parents. Even if he didn´t speak yet, his brain was able to retain words, he already associated his mom to words as well as other things that he saw and heard on daily basis. I got into his crib, he gave me a smile as I brushed his hair, he giggled and made sounds that his mind associated to his mom but she didn´t come so he ended up crying.

The mom came to him and lifted him making a cradle of her arms. The baby opened his mouth in hopes that the pain of his now hungry tummy stopped. His mother fed him and he put his little hand on his mother´s chest feeling the heart beat that had been his lullaby when he was in her belly. The mother started to talk to her child. The father smiled as he heard his family´s voice through the baby monitor. That´s a great way to wake up he thought for himself even though he´d never say that aloud.

1 comment:

  1. that picture is so precious! How can you not love babies after seeing pictures like that?!Beautiful

    Why can't I have that almond eyed cutie to myself??!! He's so adventurous. He wants to know all about the world around him already. He's so adorable in that regard. He's a little man and he can't even sit up on his own and comprehend his own wants.

    I love love loved the description of how he cries/makes certain sounds when he wants his mom to come and when he "sees" Caelum. It was like the perfect observation of how a baby possibly thinks and why they do specific things.
    They're always learning. They never waste movements. Everything they do is for learning purposes. I love how you captured that feeling throughout this one

    I like Navitas a lot. He is protective and a bit strict but he is so interesting to me. I can't get the image from the last one of him protecting Carmen in the library out of my mind. It's how I think of him now. The protector. And this one kept me thinking along those lines

    ReplyDelete